At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Watson Health is currently looking for an experienced Senior level Project Manager to join the Government Health and Human services business team.
The primary role and responsibility of a Senior Project Manager is to work with the customers, Account Leader, functional/matrix managers and staff to ensure that projects are delivered on schedule, on time, and within budget; consistent with IBM Watson Health Program Management guidelines, processes, and client expectations. You will be responsible for implementing complex information and analytics systems in support of government health and human service programs and play a key role in supporting the Client Leader/Managers to build the client relationship.
***Must be flexible to travel to project sites as needed**
- Manage, motivate, and mentor a larger team of Project Managers and program staff, ensuring optimum use of available resources across the more complex program.
- Create and maintain detailed work plan and drive work execution from the detailed work plan
- Obtain required resources by working with matrix managers
- Communicate and review work assignments with team
- Manage project scope - review changes with the Client Director/Manager then resolve and document those changes with the customer
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure proper strategy, plan, alignment, integration and visibility.
- Drive collaboration, consensus, and decision-making with Client Services, Program Management, Technical team and executive management.
- Maintain visibility on day-to-day activities with project teams and ensure sufficient face-time with key executive stakeholders.
- Manage and proactively escalate project issues, risks, and actions.
- Track and Manage budget/actual project financials; project codes, and invoices.
- Work with client project manager to ensure understanding of all project activities, schedules and deliverables,act as resource for questions, and manage expectations
- Manage quality and timeliness of all IBM Watson Health Project deliverables, documentation, and reports
- Provide status reporting to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Manage client responsibilities and expectations
- Manage vendors/vendor staff activity
- Act as liaison with the client project team as it relates to Integrated Organizational change Management activities, including training requirements
- Serve as contract manager handling contract-related activities
- Maintain and improve client relationship and referencability, identify areas to add additional value and organically grow the account.
- Drive a culture of knowledge sharing with regular team contributions and content feedback.
- Participate in Project Management process improvement initiatives, when appropriate.
- Lead proposal development and pricing estimates
- On an as needed basis, support the efforts of other groups such as Quality Assurance, Software Development, Training/Consulting, Marketing and Product Development, consistent with delivering quality products and services to our clients and the market.
- State government/public sector experience on IT Projects in health and human services programs (such as Medicaid, MMIS, claims processing, eligibility, HHS analytics, data warehouse, etc)
- Proven track record of effective communication skills to lead client, vendor and internal teams through the project lifecycle process
- Proven track record of successfully implementing complex IT projects from initiation to closure
- Demonstrated abilities in written documentation for clarity and accuracy
To learn more about what we are doing please check us out:
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Active PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- State government/public sector experience with health and human services programs, such as Medicaid, MMIS, claims processing, eligibility, HHS analytics, etc)
- 10+ years of project management experience delivering business value using technology solutions and managing staff in a matrix or direct reporting relationship
- 5+ years' experience performing a lead client facing role in a system integration, ideally large transformational projects.
- 5+ years' experience performing systems development life cycle on an enterprise-wide deployment and/or maintenance and operations
- 7+ years' experience managing multiple priorities/projects including project scope, schedules, quality, change management and project financials
- 3+ years healthcare related knowledge, ideally in analytics, reporting or related
- Demonstrated experience using project tracking tools (Microsoft Project, ALM tools, Jira, CA Rally)
- 3+ years of Medicaid, MMIS, Decision Support Systems (DSS), eligibility/enrollment systems, claims process or related experience with a state agency
- Experience managing enterprise State-level projects, either having delivered projects to a State or worked in State government delivering healthcare related projects.
- Experience in both business and systems architectures
- Advanced experience using MS Project including resource and cost loading, resource leveling, and earned value management
- Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), analytics or business intelligence solutions delivery
- Experience with implementation/SDLC methodologies, e.g. Agile, waterfall, hybrid and/or iterative
- CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) experience
- Proposal response writing
- CMS Certification experience, MECT (Medicaid Enterprise Certification Toolkit), MITA (Medicaid Information Technology Architecture)
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.