As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Software as a Service (SaaS) Business Solutions Consultant, you will work as the SaaS SME providing technical and functional leadership in the development of SaaS solution opportunities throughout North America. Your product, technical, and business expertise will be critical in the review of the business requirements, creation of Budget and Planning Estimates, and interaction with both Sales and Client representatives.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrable history of communicating with client leadership, diagnosing client needs and consulting on software solutions. They will be able to equally and effectively interact with both technical and business minded professionals. They will prior success estimating and leveraging solution packages in the moment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent customer facing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to business and technical audiences
- Strong leadership skills to provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced consultants and remote teams
- Proficient at performing GAP analysis on requirements
- Ability to present technical information in a manner that business representatives will understand
- Ability to drive estimating effort for fixed price SaaS offerings
- Ability to create solutions from proposal through implementation and go-live
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience delivering enterprise solution implementations with offerings such as IBM Sterling B2B
- Prior experience developing statements of work and related artifacts through the use of biTools
- Product experience with such offerings as Websphere Commerce, Emptoris, or Sterling B2B
- Understanding of EDI and ERP
- History of successfully collaborating with sales teams
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.