As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The SAP Data Management Lead is responsible for leading the successful design and delivery of SAP Data Management solutions for IBM Global Business Services. The data management and Analytics consultant will define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information from one or more sources, and the subsequent delivery of information to audiences in support of key business processes. This position provides leadership and oversight of the Data Governance objectives and policies, procedures. The candidate is expected to have:
- Hands-on experience leading data definitions development, data quality improvements, data model updates, and troubleshooting efforts of the analytics projects and collaborating with cross functional teams comprised of client groups, project teams and IT organizations.
- Hands-on experience Identifying, assessing and solving complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Experience collaborating data with owners and users/analysts across the customer operations to modify or implement new repeatable and reliable businesses processes to improve and sustain effective data governance resulting in improved quality and consistency of data used to drive key business decisions.
- Experience working closely with Data Architects to ensure changes are appropriately synchronized with the metadata strategy and logical data model.
- Experience leading technical aspects of the delivery of SAP Business Intelligence (BI) solutions & related components, working across business/technology teams to ensure alignment between business solution definition & systems architecture for the organization.
- Experience working with SAP FI/CO, MM, SD or PM and Master Data, required.
- 3 years of experience in Master data management with expertise in implementing SAP Master Data Governance (MDG).
- Experience in complex SAP environments supporting multiple components preferred.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years experience with at least one of the major Data Management Solutions for SAP Data Migration (IBM InfoSphere Information Server, SAP Business Objects Data Services, Informatica ETL and Data Quality Suite, Back Office Associates Data migration Suite)
- At least 2 years experience with SAP ERP implementations
- Strong consulting skills paired with strong technical skills, to convey the value of an MDM solution to the client (pros/cons, challenges, requirements needed, etc.)
- Strong understanding or hands-on experience with data quality, data profiling and metadata management
- Strong understanding of data structure classifications and workflow and processes
- At least 4 years experience with at least one of the major Data Management Solutions for SAP Data Migration (IBM InfoSphere Information Server, SAP Business Objects Data Services, Informatica ETL and Data Quality Suite, Back Office Associates Data migration Suite)
- At least 2 years experience with SAP ERP implementations
- Experience designing and architecting MDM solutions
- Experience leading and mentoring Master Data Management (MDM) team members
- Experience implementing Data Governance Best Practices
- Ability to apply MDM concepts across technology platforms (sourcing and vending of Master Data)
- Master Data Domain experience in one or more of the following data domains (e.g. Product, Customer, Client, Provider, Vendor)
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.