Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM Services empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Tier 3 Asset Management/ Real Property position is expected to provide experienced level business process guidance on SAP requirements and design. This position requires strong organization and communication skills and knowledge of SAP financial disciplines especially AM or RE-FX modules.
Required experience also includes designing/configuring business processes in SAP AM to:
- Lead day-to-day accounting of property items throughout their lifecycle including acquisition, transfers and retirement.
- Maintain and run fixed asset expenditures against funding authorizations, including the management and reporting of CPP authorizations/authority.
- Execute periodic processing activities for monthly depreciation and mass changes to asset master records.
- Perform year end closing of asset accounting.
- Transfer of assets within / between cost centers
- Perform and record the results of the physical inventory of fixed asset property items.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of relevant experience working with AM or RE-Fx functional area.
- Experience in post go-live production support and break/fix.
- Working knowledge of the MS office suite.
- Focus on customer service and responsiveness, with sound customer handling skills Federal experience desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Local candidates preferred.
- DoD experience preferred.
- Active Secret clearance.
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.