At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
MDM Product Specialist / Application Architect - The Master Data Management (MDM) Product Specialist / Application Architect is responsible for successful delivery of MDM solutions and services in a client consulting environment, and is an experienced IBM InfoSphere MDM architect.
- The MDM Product Specialist / Application Architect:
- Represent the MDM Server product from a detailed business functionality level, understands MDM MDM Services transactions, and overall functionality of the application
- Have knowledge of existing business functionality and define the required MDM Services and functions
- Collaborate with the Data Mapping team to complete a gap analysis process
- Define data attributes within MDM Server Data Model to be utilized for Client Data Mapping and document as part of Data Mapping Spreadsheet
- Participate in MDM mapping agendas to confirm MDM Data and Service Mapping requirements
- Provide the project team with MDM expertise, along with the best practice experience that MDM has garnered various implementations.
- Collaborate with data analysts and data modeler to develop hierarchies.
- Help with performance tuning Help with PME
- Defines the overall MDM solution architecture and sets technical direction, defines component architecture, and reviews detailed designs for accuracy and overall compliance to defined architecture;
- Works with IBM Project Manager (PM) for specific matters of scope, tasks, and resources;
- Reviews work products and oversees Macro and Micro Design components;
- Verifies design of overall Infrastructure and supports the build of the environments;
- Confirms and Identifies Non-Functional Requirements;
- Supports Data Mapping Phases with proper technical analysis;
- Designs and plans testing and reporting for the impact assessment of additional functionality;
- Handles transaction turnaround and transaction optimization approaches if necessary, including Extensions and Additions, Lightweights, and Optimization oversight;
- -Oversees and coordinates Database Optimization;
- Analyzes impact of future topology changes in the client environment, both internal and external.
- Required Professional and Technical Expertise :
- At least 2 years experience with hands-on implementation of Master Data Management (MDM) solutions
- At least 2 years experience with hands-on usage of IBM MDM tools (i.e., InfoSphere MDM Server Data Model, Services Transaction Suite)
- At least 2 years experience with advanced Platform Tuning
- At least 2 years experience with advanced architecture overview for Distributed or z-Series applications / Solution design
- At least 2 years experience with advanced Java development / J2EE technologies
- At least 2 years experience with large and complex data management projects
- At least 2 years experience delivering IT Services and/or Consulting projects within a consulting organization
- At least 5 years experience with hands-on implementation of Master Data Management (MDM) solutions
- At least 5 years experience with hands-on usage of IBM MDM tools (i.e., InfoSphere MDM Server Data Model, Services Transaction Suite)
- At least 5 years experience with advanced Platform Tuning
- At least 5 years experience with advanced architecture overview for Distributed or z-Series applications / Solution design
- At least 5 years experience with advanced Java development / J2EE technologies
- At least 5 years experience with large and complex data management projects
- At least 5 years experience delivering IT Services and/or Consulting projects within a consulting organization
- At least 5 years experience with WebSphere Application Server (WAS) / Java architecture
- At least 5 years experience with advanced MQ design
- At least 5 years experience with DB2 for z/OS Mainframe and UDB
- At least 2 years experience with Informatica MDM Product Knowledge
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.