At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
***The location for this role may be EITHER Emeryville, CA or RTP (Research Triangle Park), NC***
Junior Software Developers in Test in IBM Cloud & Cognitive Software work to extend our manual test case coverage, as well as create and expand our ever growing test automation through development efforts. Working out of our office in Emeryville you'll join a team of talented engineers who will help you grow within this early career position and expand into a pivotal company role.
Who You Are
Do you enjoy working in a high energy environment, employ creative thinking and collaboration as the foundation of your daily approach? If so, you'll fit right in with our team. We're looking for candidates that want to turn ideas into reality. You'll work alongside global and local multidisciplinary teams of developers, designers and business professionals. The ideal candidates must possess...
- Strong technical and critical thinking skills
- A true passion for software testing and building automation solutions
- Strong teaming skills.
- Establish goals combined with the intent and will to advance their career through upskilling and achievement
Sound interesting? Here's a glimpse into the responsibilities of this role...
- Design and develop and extend the testing frameworks and libraries needed to ensure proper coverage of our WebApps
- Automate manual test cases using Selenium/ Capybara
- Troubleshoot/Debugging and resolve issues in automated scripts
- Contribute to the entire product lifecycle through inception, design, deployment, operation, and refinement
- Analyze and troubleshoot large-scale distributed computer systems
- Collaborate with developers to design and build a reliable, testable, and secure solution
\#ruby #selenium #java #PaaS #webdev @IBMCloud #aspera #SDLC #fasp #qa #qc #XaaS #SCRUM @caffeinate_adam #IBMToday #SaaS #app
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
In addition to your strong written and verbal communication skills, you'll possess the following....
- 3+ years' experience with Ruby
- 3+ years' experience in test-driven/automation development
- Knowledge in Basic Unix commands, including shell scripting
- Unit testing experience -including working with tools such as Junit (and/or) others
- Understanding of Xpath and CSS selectors
- Experience working with source control software such as git, svn, etc.
- Experience with web testing software such as Selenium (highly desired) and/or Capybara
- Experience using or testing RESTful APIs
- Experience with test case managing software such as Testrail and/or others
- Knowledge of database testing, with the ability to write and/or implement SQL queries
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.