At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Locations: MA (Littleton) OR NC (Raleigh-Durham) OR NY (Armonk) . Please note we are not able to provide relocation assistance.
We are looking to add a savvy, empathetic, and inquisitive individual to our team as a Digital Change Leader.
As a key member of the HR Transformation and Operations team, you will focus on the people side of change - including changes to business processes, systems, and technology at the enterprise level - while building and implementing engagement strategies that maximize adoption and minimize resistance in order to realize full benefits. We're looking for you to bring diverse perspectives to the business, employing current industry trends or past experiences, in support of shaping perception, instilling pride, and inspiring action from IBMers - all 366,000 of us.
If you have exceptional communication skills and proven experience leading change management or transformation programs within the high-tech space, we'd like to meet you.
- Employ a structured and pragmatic change management methodology to facilitate change and promote commitment to adapt to the change.
- Tailor change management approach to specific needs of the project; identify impacted group(s), assess the magnitude of change and readiness to adapt.
- Recognize pitfalls and potential points of challenge or change aversion; develop counterstrategies to mitigate or minimize potential issues.
- Provide insights from experience to help the organization prepare and mitigate change risks and challenges.
- Craft communications strategies and plan to support change efforts.
- Promote and provide ongoing coaching and mentoring about change management practices to senior leadership, people managers, and project leads to increase their effectiveness in driving sustainable change.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 8 years experience leading highly visible large-scale change initiatives within the tech sector
- Senior-level experience with project or program management
- Deep knowledge of change management principles, practices, methodologies and tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact, and effectively communicate with, myriad audiences, e.g. leadership, peers, cross-functional teams, vendors
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in many shades of gray
- Has grit and a propensity to persevere
- Forward-looking with a broad array of tools to solve problems
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Strong business acumen; understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Change management certification (CCMP, Prosci, etc.)
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work enviroments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.