As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy, and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile application development.
We are looking for Thought Leaders, Advisory Strategists, Chief Technologists, Multicloud & Hybrid Cloud Sales & Solutioners, Application Modernization Evangelists, Consultants, and Architects that will join our Global Cloud Advisory Center of Competence team which is a key growing business area for IBM. You will be providing Multicloud strategy and application modernization solutions aligned to our clients' business needs for digital solutions and M&A IT solutions, setting out the roadmap for their journey to the cloud and helping them to define their target operating model and DevOps solutions. As a trusted advisor you will enable their transformation to become agile and for them to be an innovative digital business.
At IBM, we offer consultancy services for a full-stack hybrid multicloud platform that spans public, private, and legacy environments where you can build with over 170 products and services covering Data, Serverless, Containers, RedHat, AI, IoT and Blockchain, and draw on deep industry expertise which helps clients on their journey to the cloud.
We're responsible for defining and implementing application roadmaps, migration, modernisation and operating models for cloud - for many of the biggest and most complex integration programmes in the marketplace. You will perform an advisory role with a passion for delivery excellence.
Be an expert in shaping and delivering application migration and/or modernization to various cloud platforms, and be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Cloud Affinity and Adoption Roadmap / Application Portfolio Assessment (APA)
- Target Operating Model definition and implementation
- Value stream mapping and complex change management
- Cloud enabled M&A transactions
- DevOps design and implementation
- Assist with the trusted advisors to our clients and help themconnect their cloud strategies to their business strategies
- Assist and help our client's strategic needs, short and long-term business objectives, M&A plans, and then articulate and formulate proposals and statements of work which are aligned
- Assist in defining the Cloud Advisory portfolio of offerings and continually seek opportunities to develop business
- Assist in the client value propositions that tie key strategic, financial, and operational metrics directly to near and long-term business improvement
- Contribute to external eminence of IBM and the Cloud Advisory Practice through conferences and seminars
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years experience in deep consulting and leadership experience, including a proven ability to define and shape solutions for customers
- 2+ years experience leading solutions on proposals and responses for new business, as well as complex multi-year / high value & cost transformation programmes
- 2+ years experience in the ability to articulate the specific industry and transformation challenges presented by cloud and application modernization
- 2+ years experience in strong problem-solving skills, the ability to overcome day-to-day issues in pursuit of the end goal
- 2+ years experience First-class communication skills - an ability to engage persuasively with senior stakeholders both inside IBM and with clients
- 2+ years experience in the ability and confidence to work independently and lead others
- Certifications in leading cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure, Red Hat, IBM Cloud, GCP a plus
- Multi-language fluency a plus
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.