Client Technical Specialists (CTS) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTS you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM has closed its landmark acquisition of Red Hat, the world's leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions. This acquisition puts IBM and Red Hat in a unique position to unlock the true value of hybrid cloud for business. We are building a team to lead our NA Systems Technical Sales team in opportunities around Red Hat, and Cloud and Multi-Cloud environments. As one of two leaders reporting to the worldwide leader of Red Hat Technical Sales, you will have a high visibility and high impact assignment, as you help to shape the proposals going to clients, work directly with clients to articulate the value of IBM and Red Hat as partners, and provide the IBM Systems point of view into these engagements. Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- As a resource for the NA Systems Sales/Tech Sales team, establish yourself as a leader for our field teams in Cloud engagements, including planning, client presentations, POCs, and technical enablement of the field teams. You will be a key player in demonstrating IBM's commitment to cloud and Red Hat solutions through your knowledge of application modernization and cloud based programming models.
- Advise Sales Leadership on client situations and sales opportunity progress, issues, and sales plans and plays.
- Working with Offering Management, IBM Brand teams and Red Hat teams to ensure IBM solutions meet customer requirements, identify key blockers to engagements and success. Drive requirements into the appropriate teams to build a stronger portfolio.
- Partner with other IBM teams (Cloud, GBS, GTS) to ensure clarity in the Systems point of view with regards to Cloud and Red Hat opportunities and positioning.
- Assist in the creation of enablement assets for the field teams to help with positioning of environments (Private Clouds, Public Clouds, muti-vendor environments), work with IBM infrastructure centers to advise on building hands-on development environments, and develop and deliver enablement materials to build field skills.
- Drive awareness and influence via social media to put forth IBM Systems Point of View with regards to Hybrid Cloud environments, to influence clients as well as other IBM and Red Hat teams on IBM's point of view. Develop presentations and present at key conferences on areas of expertise.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 5+ years of technical skills in Cloud and Multi-Cloud environments, including Multi-Cloud management, Dev Ops
- Working knowledge of containers, OpenShift, app modernization and programming
- 5+ years of technical skills with Red Hat, OpenShift and Linux
- Thorough understanding of Open Source environment
- Ability to navigate and work effectively and collaborate across a large organization with a diverse workforce
- Experience presenting to and working with clients, from C-Suite to technical developers and architects, during sales opportunities, including shifting workloads to private and public cloud environments
- Ability to build and execute a strategy and to successfully work though a large organization to accomplish goals
- Experience working with infrastructure components - x86 and non-x86
- Deep understanding of IBM Power Systems, z Systems and IBM Storage Portfolio
- Knowledge of application programming and systems performance
- Experience with Cognitive Applications/Cognitive Computing
- Participation in cloud professional organizations, networking groups and presenting to cloud industry professionals
- Ability to lead and excel in a rapidly transforming industry
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.