Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world's most complex problems - there is no better place to grow your career!
Entry-Level Full Stack Developers:
Have flexibility to work across architecture - building both front end and backend
Have knowledge of application and web development in HTML and CSS
Have knowledge of modern frameworks such as Node.js and Angular.js
Work in Java to implement server-side or application logic, develop databases, and design architectures
Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking Methodology
Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile development methodology
Entry-Level Full Stack Software Developers are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business, based on your offered location and fit. These are office-based positions in IBM locations including:
AZ - Tucson*
CA - Costa Mesa, Emeryville, Foster City, San Francisco, San Jose
CO - Denver*
GA - Atlanta, Sandy Springs
IL - Chicago*
KS - Lenexa*
MA - Cambridge, Littleton
MN - Rochester
NC - Durham, Raleigh
NY - Endicott, Hopewell Junction, Manhattan, North Castle, Poughkeepsie, Yorktown Heights
OH - Dublin
PA - Blue Bell, Pittsburgh*
TX - Austin, Dallas, Houston, Irving*
Opportunities in all locations will vary based on business demand
- cities with limited opportunities
- You'll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- You'll employ IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- You'll have an opportunity to work with a variety of relational databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android), and modern UI frameworks (Backbone.js, AngularJS, React, Ember.js, Bootstrap, Node.js, and JQuery).
- Work across the entire system architecture, from backend to front end, to design, develop, and support high quality and scalable products.
- Create everything from mockups and UI components to algorithms and data structures as you deliver a complete minimally viable product.
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
- Must have basic knowledge in one or more of the following technology areas: C++, C, Java, Ruby, Python.
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.