General Manager for Food and Beverage Wholesaler, Palmer, MA
The General Manager is responsible for the organization, preparation, planning and execution of daily operations, and the general supervision of the wholesale distribution facilities. This position oversees sales, regional promotions, territory planning and routing, warehouse, logistics, and financials. This is a hands-on position. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with experience working in a fast-paced environment and excel at communicating with individuals across a cross-functioning team environment, and with internal and external team members within the organization. The candidate must be capable of making well-informed, but prompt decisions.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Assist and oversee technical day-to-day activities of wholesale distribution, including ensuring the smooth flow of internal processes such as inventory control, pick-packing, and troubleshooting.
- Conduct in depth weekly review of the business and perform analysis of sales reports.
- Determine optimal markdowns strategy.
- Lead operations to support overall company goals, strategic directive and order fulfillment.
- Drive operational excellence and continuous improvement in customer fulfillment.
- Source and optimize cost from local suppliers to optimize cost, quality, planning and forecasting demand for national purchasing.
- Ensure the development, implementation and control of operational budgets, plans and performance standards.
- Control over inventory and short dating.
- Ensure shipping fulfillment level standards are met or exceeded.
- Make sure quality system policies and procedures are followed and improved where appropriate to ensure all products delivered to the customer meet customer-specific requirements.
- Develop ongoing strategies from reducing cost, and time, while maximizing quality and safety.
- Provide leadership and motivation to associates by communicating effectively and creating an open communication style that fosters a collaborative work environment.
- Develop and analyze internal daily/weekly/monthly reports for all measurable KPI to ensure accountability and to improve performance and workflow efficiencies.
- Monitor daily schedules and adjust staffing levels according to distribution volume.
- Monitor daily service and margin levels to comply with budgetary goals.
- Monitor product flow and timely distribution of goods.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- 5-8 years of distribution management experience ideally in food and/or beverage industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Logistics.
- Knowledge of Warehouse operations, Warehouse Management Systems, ERP & database systems, Inventory Control processes and / or logistics preferred.
- Track record of making excellent business decisions using data and analysis based on strong financial and measurement skills to optimize costs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze operating information to make systematic improvements to fulfillment processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of warehouse reporting, including operating budgets, income statements, balance sheets and cost reports.
- Business oriented experience and skill set; notably P+L expertise, cross-functional leadership, vendor management, order fulfillment, customer service, etc.
- Experience working in a DSD warehouse model and/or working with EDI platforms are a plus.
- Self-starter with good judgment who can proactively manage up where appropriate.
- Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal.
- Time management/prioritization and follow-up skills.
This positions will not offer relocation. NO Visa sponsorship available.
Iberia Food provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Iberia Foods complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.