IBA Proton Therapy is the industry leader in particle therapy, with the most precise clinical radiotherapy methods. IBA is internationally headquartered in Louvain la Neuve, Belgium with regional headquarters in Reston, VA right outside of our nation’s capital Washington, D.C. With more than 30 years of success in cancer diagnostics and treatment, IBA is the worldwide leader of technology in the field of proton therapy. IBA currently has systems and treatment centers in Europe, Asia, North America and expanding to emerging markets throughout the world. The IBA name and mission has grown through the years making us one of the stand out companies to join; and who would not want to work for a company that stands for the protection, enhancement and saving the lives of those fighting this horrible disease.
For more information, please go to http://www.iba-worldwide.com
Proton Therapy Service Engineer - Hardware
Do you have a track record of identifying solutions to complex troubleshooting tasks?
If so, then read on!
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Electrical Engineer to join our dynamic team responsible for operating and maintaining our proton therapy site. This individual will be seen as a ROCKSTAR!!! The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and professionally polished in aspects of Electronics/Electrical engineering. Someone with a "LOGICAL" mentality, but also likes to work with his/her hands, you are seeking a “CHALLENGE”, while identifying a “SYSTEMATIC” approach to finding solutions.
We are a solid established company with 30 plus years of success, and a record of accomplishments in the fight against cancer. As a company who truly believes in our Mission: Protect, Enhance and Save more Lives, we are moving full speed ahead in next generation proton therapy technologies.
What you need to qualify for this position?
- BSEE or equivalent.
- Experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting required.
- Candidate must have experience in several of the following fields: Cooling systems, vacuum systems, PLC’s, regulation loops, drivers, sensors, positioning equipment, electric motors, high voltage equipment, low voltage equipment, etc.
- Electrical/Mechanical system repair, maintenance and operations of large systems a plus.
- High amperage Power Supply maintenance and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook etc. are a must.
- Basic knowledge of LINUX required.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- Microsoft Project experience a plus
- Detail oriented
- Takes initiative without being directed
- Good customer service mentality
- Strong commitment to team work
- Works well under pressure
- Rotating shift work including nights and weekends.
- Good manual dexterity and ability to work with tools.
- Ability to lift >50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly.
- Ability to access and work within confined spaces.
- Ability to safely work at heights of up to 30ft with a safety harness.
- Occupational exposure to radiation.
- Work with hazardous materials.
- Work with high voltage equipment and magnetic fields.
- Required to attend training in Dallas, TX for three straight months upon hiring
- Work onsite with less than 10% travel per year
What you'll be doing?
- Operate Proton Therapy System for various customer needs, which will include, but not be limited to: Patient Treatment, Patient Specific QA, development, Software Testing, Troubleshooting, and experimentation.
- Troubleshoot PTS equipment including electrical, mechanical, and software problems.
- Maintenance of the PTS including but not limited to preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance.
- Clearly communicate the status of the system to the customer as well as to IBA employees.
- Provide support to Software and Hardware testing as well as new developments.
- Support daily clinical operations for the clinical staff as defined by the specific site manager and in accordance with site policies
- Maintain adequate records as defined by the specific facility in accordance with company QA and FDA regulations.
- Support the PTS in all phases, which will include but not be limited to: unit testing, integration testing, validation testing and other various site related activities as they are defined by the site manager.
What's in it for you?
- IBA offers you a competitive performance based compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K, etc.)
- Amazing possibilities to evolve within IBA worldwide.
- Leading organization with the ability to create your own career path.
- IBA offers you the roadmap to great achievements in the fight against cancer.
So, if you are a great Electrical Engineer as well as a problem-solver, if you like to challenge yourself to identify solutions that are out of the box, and you like working with your hands, please APPLY now!!!
“We Engineer HOPE”