Sr. Project Manager - Utility Construction
- Posted: September 20, 2022
If you need any assistance with the application process, please notify IB Abel's Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Join a forward-thinking team as an experienced Sr. Project Manager ready to run utility construction projects in our transmission group, as well as mentor up-and-coming Associate Project Managers. IB Abel's project delivery process is simple and straightforward and our teams use current, efficient methodologies and software to assist in the process.
Base Location/Travel Requirements:
- For direct access to customer job sites, this person should be based near central Pennsylvania
- This is a remote position with flexibility to work from any IB Abel office and from home when appropriate
- Some travel as necessary to customer job sites (about 1-3/week), other offices or yard locations, and trips for training and offsite meetings
- Conduct weekly crew observations.
- Review RFP, proposal, estimate, schedule and all contract documents to become familiar with project requirements and obligations of the contract.
- Prepare subcontracts and contracts for signature by divisional VP.
- Ensure personnel and equipment are assigned to projects.
- Arrange meetings to discuss and finalize schedules, permits, and job layout with the project team. PM shall also communicate such information to the Safety and Quality department.
- Procure material to meet specifications and arrange delivery with vendors
- Arrange and facilitate all pre and post construction meetings. To prepare and maintain all agendas.
- Accountable for the development of the Site-Specific Safety Plans (SSSP)
- Coordinate the scheduling of subcontractors, manpower, tools, equipment, and material deliveries
- Establish construction schedules and monitor to adjust activities as necessary, to ensure milestone dates are met
- Review and maintain last planner with foremen and verify its consistency with overall project targets each week
- Coach and mentor assigned Associate Project Manager to ensure effective project delivery process adherence
- Service the client in a timely and respectful manner, meeting or exceeding their expectations
- Work with owners, engineers and/or subcontractors to promptly resolve project problems
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly project costs
- Assist Accounting with billing and collection needs
- Review/approve and/or forward submittals for shop drawings, samples for materials, and any other applicable job submittals
- Prepare and lead WIP and Focus Job Meetings each month
- Prepare, submit, and manage all project change orders
Education, Skills, Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Utility Project Management
- Valid Driver's License or equivalent
- Must be able to present acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorizations per the Federal I-9 requirement
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Accounting, Finance, or other related business / mathematical discipline focused degree program from a four-year college or technical school, or a comparable equivalent of education and work experience
- PMP, FMI, or Primavera certifications
Why Work for IB Abel?
IB Abel's 109-year history is a testament to its adaptability, forward-thinking leadership, commitment to safety, and stellar service and project delivery process. Our core values-Responsible, Integrity, Results-Oriented, Ownership, and Professional-shape everything that we do at all levels of the company and are purposefully incorporated into all company communications, meetings, and strategic planning. Our use of the EOS model (Entrepreneurial Operating System) also provides structure and clarity among all levels of the company to maintain focus on our shared goals.
IB Abel is committed to providing ample learning and career development opportunities to its team members, including via our Associates Program in Project Management, Estimating, and Accounting and our growing Learning Management System, Abel University.
What do We Offer?
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness services (including an EAP), incentives, and regular team-building activities
- Equipment necessary to successfully work from home, as appropriate
- A 401(k) with company matching
- Industry memberships and certification programs/career development opportunities, as well as our LMS
- Competitive salary and incentive plan
- A progressive and flexible PTO program which grows as your tenure grows with us!
It is the policy of I.B. Abel Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities.
IB Abel Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?