The IAM National Pension Fund (the “Fund”) is conducting a search for an Assistant in the Office Services Department. This position performs various office functions including the preparation of pension checks for mailing and delivery, assist is special facility projects and is responsible for promotional materials for Education Department. In addition, they Assist in data and record administration in relation to in-house and out-sourced imaging.
- Receive, seal and prepare for mailing pension checks by appropriate deadline each month.
- Complete and maintain check work forms and Postal form for monthly pension checks in accordance with check procedures.
- Receive and seal mid-month pension checks for delivery to Accounting twice weekly for mailing.
- Prep, create and maintain manifest listings for Record administration.
- Retrieve boxes from storage as requested.
- Prep files for imaging e.g., Sign out/in, box and manifest all file types.
- Troubleshoot and supply office equipment (copiers, etc.) contact outside vendors for service as needed.
- Prepare promotional materials for the Education Department mailings, meetings and conventions.
- Prepare promotional materials for the Benefit Trust Fund meetings and conventions.
- Prepare Newly Eligible Participant packages for Benefit Trust Fund twice weekly and mail by appropriate deadline.
- Assist with mass mailing projects as well as monthly mailings.
- Receptionist coverage daily.
- Mailroom back up as needed.
- Receive, seal and mail annual documents (1099Rs and Annual Statements)
- Furniture/equipment moving including set up and breakdown of conference room for large meetings.
- Assist with imaging projects.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize work, work well under pressure, and can work independently and with others
- Ability to work in an automated environment, possesses good computer skills, and knowledge of operation and simple maintenance of office machines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and react to change quickly
- Ability to lift and move up to 70lbs
- Punctuality and excellent attendance record are essential
IAM National Pension Fund
Why Work Here?The IAM National Pension Fund is the 5th largest multiemployer pension fund in the United States with approximately $12 Billion in assets. The Fund has over 1,650 contributing employer locations and pays pension benefits to over 90,000 retires and beneficiaries, providing them with retirement security.
Competitive compensation and benefits package (all paid in full by the Fund). Opportunity for growth and advancement.