The National IAM Benefit Trust Fund is conducting a search for three (3) Education Representatives to join its team. The Education Representative will work with existing and potential contributing employers, union representatives, plan participants and internal staff to retain and bring in new employers to the National IAM Benefit Trust Fund.
The National IAM Benefit Trust Fund is a multiemployer health and welfare fund with approximately $100 Million in assets. The Fund has approximately 250 contributing employer locations and pays benefits for over 20,000 active employees, retirees, and their dependents, providing them with healthcare coverage.
- Provide proposals for medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits to union representatives and participating employers.
- Prospect, identify, and develop new employer groups from referrals or cold calling
- Effectively present information to potential new groups including Human Resource employees, Attorneys, Actuaries and Union Representatives and negotiation committees.
- Prepare and assist with onboarding participating employers with any required paperwork
- Work optimally with team to ensure BTF enrollment targets are achieved
- Work with participating employers to ensure the optimal coverage is offered, including medical/Rx proposals and/or follow-up
- Educate and advise on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters
- Support employers by providing technical support, product education, etc.
- Conduct educational meetings for current participants
- Create and present information on healthcare benefits offered at various conferences, state council meetings and conventions using various software tools such as Prezi and PowerPoint
- Assist contributing employers and participants with Annual and Open Enrollments
- Generate and manage annual renewal notices and mailings
- Prepare quarterly Board of Trustee reports
- Provide creativity and promotional ideas for selling the Benefit Trust Fund
- Facilitate Wellness health fairs for plan participants
- Keep files and database updated with current status of potential new employers
- Establish and maintain relationships with current participants, contributing employers, and union business representatives
- Continually monitor health and welfare industry news, legislation, and the competitive retirement landscape
- Interact with a variety of professionals including Board members, company CEOs, consultants, attorneys and actuaries
- Develop and drive new opportunities from beginning to end: initial proposal, final presentations, employer and participant onboarding and ongoing account reviews
- Develop, maintain and enhance metrics with critical and creative thinking
- Ability to create ad hoc reports for a variety of requests and situations
- Serves as primary contact for employee benefit plans communications and issues
- Functions as a liaison between vendors and participants
- Compiles and maintains benefits records and documents using automated sales system
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Undergraduate degree preferred (business, marketing or related field)
- A minimum of 3-years of experience with employee benefits design and plans
- A minimum of 3-years of customer service experience
- Knowledge of ERISA
- Knowledge of Taft Hartley Act preferred
- Knowledge of COBRA Administration preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicare Part D preferred
- Organized, diligent and high energy individual, committed to excellence
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong public speaker
- Performs other duties as assigned
Candidates must be flexible and have the ability to work weekends and evenings. This position may require at times extensive travel up to 50%.