***Position is located in Washington, DC***
The IAM National Pension Fund is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join our Accounting Team in Washington, DC. The Manager will oversee and coordinate financial reporting maintenance, accounts payable processing, annual work preparation and filing for the National IAM Benefit Trust Fund, pension check transaction processing, tax return preparation and filing, General Leger maintenance, and annual work preparation and filing for the IAM National Pension Fund.
The IAM National Pension Fund is the 5th largest multiemployer pension fund in the United States with approximately $12 Billion in assets. The Fund has over 1,650 contributing employer locations and pays pension benefits to over 90,000 retires and beneficiaries, providing them with retirement security.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Trouble-shoot and resolve accounting issues
- Work with 401k administrator and department to assign and approve wire transfers, prepare journal entries, handle cash receipt deposits, reserve administrative expenses, and summary annual report review
- Prepare and review various reports required for the Board of Trustees
- Audit preparation and analysis for multiple audits
- Budget preparation
- Prepare, review and file quarterly tax returns and IRS forms
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Manage work schedule to ensure deadlines are met
- Financial analysis and reporting
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with 10 years of Accounting experience, supervisory experience preferred
- 5+ years’ Management experience with staff oversight
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with pensions, defined benefit and or defined contribution plans, preferably as it relates to monitory plan compliance a plus
- Demonstrated ability to train, lead and coach staff
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize and adhere to deadlines
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Microsoft Dynamics SL
The IAM National Benefit Funds is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries, a full range of paid benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.