As a Senior Data Analyst, you will:
- Perform hands-on work with complex data analysis, report and dashboard development on big data using diffierent BI tools like MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, etc.
- Understand the business processes, the underlying data, and cross-cutting data sets for various government systems.
- Ability to identify disparate data sources and manipulate this data in a Hadoop or other big data architecture
- Ability to manipulate data for analytical purposes and create briefing slides that visualize data and provide analytical results
- Ability to create mathematical and statistical models
- Support dissemination and distribution of data and reports. Perform data validation and quality assurance, as needed.
- Support data analysis to study outliers and to understand the health of new programs within the customer unit.
- Ensure timely delivery of reports, and manage conflicting priorities and customer expectations.
- Document the requirements or user-stories or unmet data needs
- Expertise in one or more areas of Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Decision Support or Business Analysis is required.
- Domain knowledge in Disaster prepraration and response is preferred. Federal government experience is strongly preferred
- Expertise in either MicroStrategy or SAP Business Objects tools
- Experience in Tableau, MS Power BI, SQL and Excel to build analysis to derive insights from data.
- Experience in data retrieval, data manipulation, data analysis and presentation using data visualizations.
- Must have at 5+ years of professional and proven experience in above stated role.
- Experience working with SAS is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel with knowledge of Pivot Tables, VLookup and other advanced functions is required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Statistics, Healthcare Analytics or related field is required.
Expertise in one or more areas of Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Decision Support or Business Analysis is required.