The Assistant Project Manager (APM) supports the Project Manager as the lead administrator on the Small Projects Team. APM’s are primarily responsible for managing project documents, including financials, construction documents, and subcontractor submissions and insurance documents. This position is located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Assists Project Manager in preparation of Project Reports such as field, meeting minutes, tracking logs, and change orders.
- Prepares and revises punch list in cooperation with the Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Facilitates the orderly flow of information between the company and its subcontractors and vendors.
- Maintains and processes updated budgets, buyout worksheets, change orders, trade awards, and subcontractor/vendor invoices.
- Prepares Commitment documents and contracts such as Waivers of Lien with subcontractors and suppliers as directed by Project Manager or Project Executive.
- Orders incidental materials and tools for the field and prepares in-house schedules (e.g. doors, hardware, accessories, etc.) at the direction of the Project Manager or Super.
- Disseminates tracking, updating and filing information for Architectural, Engineering and Consultant drawings and Specifications such as SK’s, RFI’s, and shop drawings, and maintains associated logs.
- Prepares Owners Service and Maintenance Manuals in cooperation with the Site Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Maintains electronic and in office Project Files in accordance with company policy.
- May assist in the buy-out of minor scopes (e.g. glazing, bath accessories, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in high end residential construction, facilities management.
- Detail oriented, possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in Sage/Timberline, MS Project & MS Office Suite.
- Must hold a Home Improvement Contractor salesperson license at lease within 30 days of employment if not before.
- 4-year college degree in Architecture, Construction Management, or Engineering preferred.
Our corporate culture is built upon enduring relationships – a place where corporate personnel, Clients and Architects are assured that quality, integrity and service are inseparable from our basic mission; building enduring value for our Clients. The Company is the logical extension of our belief that residential construction companies should be held to a higher standard and judged not only on the basis of uncompromising quality and service, but the quality of the total experience.
We are a high-end construction and professional services company with a range of integrated offerings that span the life cycle of a Client relationship. We are committed to providing exceptional quality, concierge level support and best in class industry expertise for Clients who appreciate and value our unique offerings, and our Company personnel consist of accomplished Construction Professionals, Architects and Engineers.
Our offerings support a client relationship at any stage of its life-cycle from project inception to post construction, and whether it is pre-purchase analysis, a complicated construction project or emergency service, we are committed to serving our clients as a single source provider of residential solutions. Our extensive experience working for the most discerning Clients, Architects and Designers has shaped our Company and led to our reputation as one of the premier service providers for high-end residential projects.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
I-Grace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bright Power complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
I-Grace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bright Power’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
BACKGROUND CHECKS & DRUG SCREENINGS
In connection with all potential applicants where a conditional job offer has been made, the Company will conduct a background check and drug screening via urinalysis. This strictly confidential check will be conducted by a Third Party in compliance with local, state and federal law including but not limited to the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the New York City Fair Chance Act.