- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mechanical Engineer will conduct mechanical engineering product design and integration of fuel cell systems (FCS), subsystems and components for fuel cell powered electric vehicles and other applications. The candidate will work on balance-of-plant (BOP) subsystems including but not limited to Fuel Delivery, Air Delivery, Thermal Management Subsystems, and on components such as Hydrogen injectors, ejectors, air compressors, solenoid valves, and other sensors and actuators, on requirements, design, simulation, testing, failure analysis, etc. Therefore, the candidate must have a strong understanding in engineering fundamentals and principles and be proficient to apply the knowledge and experience into CAD design, engineering specification creation, creating drawings and diagrams, developing analysis tools and product specifications, and building prototypes. The candidate also much have strong communication and problem solving skills.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 0-3 years of relevant engineering experience
- Understanding of relevant engineering fundamentals such as fluid dynamics, gas transport, thermodynamics, and control theory.
- Experience in writing technical specifications.
- Hands-on experience with CAD software.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Must be comfortable working in the environments of labs, vehicles, and vehicle test tracks.
- Highly motivated and organized to succeed, a self-starter, be able to work with others effectively to "get things done.”
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate differences of opinions and facilitate discussion as needed with collaborative multi-disciplinary teams.
- Master’s degree or higher in Engineering with 0-3 years of experience.
- Hand-on experience with automotive components
- Knowledge and experience with PEM fuel cell and systems
- Modeling and analysis experience, comfort using modeling to support technical understanding and decision making.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others.
- Knowledge of automotive processes and tools (DFSS, FMEA, DVP&R, 7-step problem solving or 8D, requirement management, change management, etc.)
- Experience using design of experiments and statistical modeling methods.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hyzon Motors