- Posted: over a month ago
Summary of Position: Operations Manager: Plans, coordinates, organizes & controls production for foam pad and seat assembly in the organization. Main responsibilities are to ensure the efficient and high quality production of seat assemblies, foam pad parts and services & that those are of the right quality, quantity and cost. In addition, develops, leads and maintains a positive staff of assistant managers, engineers, supervisors, and team leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production.
- Direct administrative activities directly related to making products.
- Direct or coordinate budget activities to increase efficiency.
- Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with organization officials, or staff members.
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, or sustainability of operations.
- Plan or direct activities that require coordination with other department managers.
- Lead teams of Engineers, Assistant Managers, Supervisors, and Team Leaders to meet company goals & objectives.
- Manage / lead problem solving & counter measure activities related to the Assembly & Foam Pad operations
- Ensure that company policies and guidelines are adhered to by all direct reports.
- Lead direct reports in Assembly & Foam continuous improvement activities.
- Manage the development, training, and retention of a high quality skilled work force.
- Manage workforce & cost objectives for assembly & foam pad.
- Manage production utilization thru resolution of labor associated down time and equipment enhancement proposals.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all members of management, team members, support departments & suppliers.
- Perform personnel functions such as selection, training, or evaluation.
- Prepare staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
Technical Skills Required:
- Grasp complex concepts.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills.
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others.
- Patient and self-confidence.
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner.
- Good judgment.
Working Experience Required:
- 10+ years in the automotive field.
- 5+ years managerial experience
- Experience with green field start up organizations.
- OEM experience preferred.
- Assembly & mechanical experience with high speed, high tech machinery and test systems
- High School/GED
- 4 year degree or comparable background of work related experience
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- regularly required to talk and hear
- frequently required to sit, stand, bend at the knees and waist, and walk
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- may be required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- required to use close vision and be able to focus
- ability to work extended hours as needed
- ability to travel domestic US and/or international if needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hyundai Dymos Georgia is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Hyundai Transys Georgia Seating System, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Hyundai Transys Georgia Seating System, LLC