Commercial Vehicle Product Planner
- $74,224 to $106,268 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is currently looking for a Commercial Vehicle Product Planning Engineer for our Commercial Vehicle Development team in Southern California:
HATCI's Commercial Vehicle Development (CVD)-Product Planning team is responsible for being R&D experts in the North American CV Industry & Product (Vehicle, Technology, and Market/Consumer) trends.
The CVD-PP professional in this position will:
- Research & analyze the future industry, market & product/technical trends.
- Take part in/provide inputs into market research.
- Develop strategic product proposals and tactical plans.
Detailed essential Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Study CV Industry /Market/Product trends and make recommendations or proposals.
- Monitor & report on competitors' strategy/actions relative to Market/Technical trends.
- Attend truck & trade shows, as applicable, and submit concise analytical reports that identify industry and vehicle trends, including key technologies and strategies.
- Develop industry and competitor sales analyses and market trends.
- Track/distribute information on competitive/market trends, technologies & upcoming requirements to related R&D staff through syndicated resources, meetings, presentations, and other media.
- Prepare bi-weekly, quarterly, and yearly summaries of competitive/market activity.
- Conduct market research, such as Customer/Product/Market survey projects.
- Access and conduct desk research, utilizing 3rd party/syndicated & industry association resources.
- Coordinate proprietary/customized research with specialized research vendors.
- Provide input and recommendations to support the development of Commercial Vehicle strategy & tactical plan.
- Support new CV business exploration and assess market "White Space" opportunities, across all classes & vehicle types.
- Create product recommendations for future Hyundai Commercial Vehicles, identifying key customer requirements/unmet needs, product positioning, brand requirements, and vehicle specifications.
- Meetings with other partners/discussion on market opportunities/requirements, technical issues, and feasibility study.
- Occasional domestic & international travel may be expected up to 20% of the time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Product Planning, Automotive industry analysis, or similar experience required.
- Proficient knowledge of Automotive products, ideally CV-related products
- Motor Vehicle (preferably CV) regulation & certification knowledge desired, but not required.
- Proficient Project Planning/Management skills
- Proficient skills in coordinating Market Research (including negotiation with vendors)
- Fluency with the English language (Bilingual Korean language skill desired, but not necessary).
What We Offer:
- Zero-dollar employee premiums on Medical, dental, and vision for you and your family
- 100% employer-paid disability and Life insurance
- Generous paid Time Off including vacation, sick, and abundant holidays.
- A Global Environment that fosters diversity
- Competitive Salaries
- Retirement savings and planning benefits
- Flexible work hours, and hybrid work schedule options
- Access to Health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or other analytical/technical fields
- 5 years of automotive market analysis/research & product planning experience
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory Driving Record
- Candidates applying for positions with HATCI must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor
- Master's degree or MBA preferred, but not required.
- R&D organization experience preferred but not necessary.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is preferred but not necessary for consideration.
- Market survey experience (including interviews with customers, dealers and fleets) preferred, but not necessary.
Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI)Chino, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.