Controls Software Engineer (Engineer IV)
• Develop embedded software for vehicle control and alternative energy systems .
• Develop control system models using Matlab/Simulink, within an embedded C environment.
• Work with platform leaders to ensure truck level requirements are clear, concise, and correct.
• Develop system and component level requirements from truck level requirements.
• Work with global software engineering team to develop efficient, cost effective electrical, electronic, and software architectures .
• Develop, design, release, and support activities to ensure that the engineering outputs meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer.
• Provide support to Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, and Aftermarket groups in the area of vehicle control systems.
• Maintain current product embedded C software.
• Collaborate with electronic systems suppliers.
• Provide technical leadership to junior engineers.
• Lead occasional short-term projects.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.
• 5+ years software development experience.
• Proficiency in C programming language.
• Experience with embedded system development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic knowledge/skill in Matlab/Simulink.
• Combination of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
• Solid knowledge of data communications e.g. CANOpen, J1939
• Excellent teammate.
• Innovative thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Ability to work and think from boot code to high level abstractions.
• Ability to follow established procedures.
• Ability to develop and improve procedures.
• Attentive to details.
• Ability to take decisive actions to develop product.
• Ability to apply basic principles and methods to resolve product issues.
• Willingness to travel in North America and/or overseas on occasion.
• Willingness to lead small project teams on occasion.
• Specialized knowledge/skill in engineering analysis.
Ability and Willingness to Learn:
• Other programming languages, as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.