- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Crafts Technology / Elk Grove Village, IL
Reports to: President
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared Date: 1/17/23 ________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overall plant operations which includes manufacturing, engineering, materials, quality assurance/controls, and EHS. This position focuses on and is responsible for working with the Manufacturing team to create a world class customer experience in both quality and delivery. This would include the coordination and administration of customer requirements and development of a plan to gain compliance to regulatory systems such as ISO9000 programs. Interfaces with and provides quality detail and support to customers, management and manufacturing operations. The position is responsible for the Precision Solutions manufacturing strategic objectives at the Elk Grove Village, IL site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a full understanding of the Precision Solutions customer experience and drive operation process through engineering, procurement, logistics and human resources that support this.
- Ensure the health and safety process are followed ensuring that each employee returns home daily
- Maintain highest standards of equipment up time by executing exemplary preventive maintenance program
- Utilize lean manufacturing principles and practices. This would include daily management principles, and Kaizen events
- Participate in forecasting and annual budgeting for the site
- Oversee and drive company standards in quality, continues improvement and lean manufacturing
- Daily use of ERP system for a variety of tasks.
- Lead all manufacturing initiative to deliver on operational and business financial objectives using KPI’s in (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity)
- Communication with customers is required to define and clarify customer requirements
- Develop educational material and provide training as needed
- Help define and develop performance improvement targets for quality, service and efficiency.
- Implement systems to ensure that services and products conform to regulatory requirements
- Initiate process improvements to reduce cost and increase efficiency.
- Ethically protect company resources and best interest.
- Follow established safety procedures to assure a clean, safe work environment is promoted and maintained
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be highly customer oriented, have a sense of urgency and strong effective communication skills at all levels of the organization. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering, preferred.
- A minimum of 8-years’ experience in manufacturing management. Prefer previous experience in Engineering or manufacturing focused on Grinding and/or EDM operations.
- Good customer communication skills in support of internal and external customers
- Exhibit strong leadership skills and values with a proven track record of delivery high levels of business results
- Must have good financial acumen and ability to maintain, understand and communicate operational and financial metrics.
- Knowledge of quality management systems such as (AS9100, IS9000) lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Success track record of managing people, including hiring, coaching, development and performance management.
- The ability to build strong relationships, collaborate cross functionally with sales, engineering, and customers.
- Ability to work in ERP system such as M3
- Must have good written and verbal commination skills
- Proficient with presentation and other documentation applications such as Visio, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Some intercompany travel required.
Hyperion MATERIALS TECHNOLOGIES, INC
AddressElk Grove Village, IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?