Our cosmetics client is seeking a UX/UI Designer to help identify and iterate the way their customers interact with their website. They are an online-only direct-to-consumer brand, therefore their website is the most important asset. This role will fill key aspects of the business.
The ideal candidate for this role would be comfortable working cross-functionally to deliver new ideas and iterations to the website. The role would involve daily coordination with their product, engineering, and creative teams. There would also be occasional coordination with the marketing, growth, and data teams.
The ideal candidate would be able to assess product requirements from the product team, and help shape the customer journey across mobile and desktop browsers. Projects could range from small A/B tests to large re-designs. They have a small team that works on the website, so the UX/UI Designer would need to be comfortable with a large amount of responsibility and autonomy.
The second focus of this role would be developing the site assets needed by the merchandising team. Items that would need to be developed includes homepage hero images, collection banners, product page images, and assets relating to custom landing pages. All assets relating to website would be aligned with work done by other creative team members for email, marketing, advertising, and packaging.
- Work closely with product and development teams to iterate and improve the website
- Design mobile and desktop user interfaces
- Work with product team to iterate the creative strategy on the website
- Provide functional specifications for development teams
- Pair with merchandising to create homepage hero images, collection images, and product page images
- Work with product and merchandising teams to develop custom landing pages varying in purpose
- Identify opportunities to experience and apply new technologies to solve customer problems
- Develop and maintain web style guides
- Work closely with Product in the development and evaluation of personas, usability studies, and testing
- Minimum 2-3 years experience working in a Product, User Experience Design role for e-commerce, ideally 4-5 years experience in creative across marketing, CPG, direct-to-consumer, e-commerce, mission-driven companies.
- Demonstrated sample work to share as a user experience designer, user interface design, or similar role in an early stage, high growth startup is preferred. Attitude, aptitude, and portfolio count more.
- Proficiency with design tools (e.g, InVision, Sketch, InDesign, Photoshop), as well as a full scope of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of customer experiences, both internally, third party, and freelance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal teams, including senior management and peers.
- Ability to merge Design Thinking and highly relevant creative practice.
- Project and process management skills plus a strong ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously, working autonomously and highly collaboratively.
- Enjoys a startup environment and ethos-driven culture.
- Bonus points for previous experience in early-stage high growth e-commerce startup.
- Strong knowledge with SEO, UX standards, and a focus on growth a plus.