Thermal Design System Engineer
- Over a month ago
Are you ready to "Change the World?" Does "Succeed as One Team" meet your definition of a key component to an amazing company culture? If "Acting with Integrity" and pursuing "Excellence in All We Do" motivate you to do your best work, then Hyliion may be the right fit for you.
Job Description Summary
Hyliion is looking for a Thermal System Design Engineer to join our KARNO engineering team in West Chester, Ohio. We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals that are highly motivated to revolutionize the trucking industry, reduce the use of fuel and have some fun.
Participate throughout the design process to analyze and influence engine components from the design phase through certification. Perform thermal analysis using 1D tools, finite element analysis (FEA) and/or computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis in support of new designs. Evaluate and select hardware to support thermal systems. Execute with guidance the analysis, design, test and integration of fluid systems to meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product / program requirements. Plan and execute component and engine test programs and utilize the results to validate engine designs, systems and analytical models. Prepare invention disclosures for technology that provides a competitive advantage
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace / Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- At least 3 additional years of experience in a Mechanical Engineering position
- Prior experience in the fundamentals of heat transfer and compressible flows
- Advanced degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering related to heat transfer or fluid mechanics
- Experience in design of electrified powertrain and related thermal systems
- Experience in thermodynamic cycle modeling
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in a team environment
- Highly motivated, passionate, and exceptional communication skills
- Shares critical information, speaks with candor, and contributes constructively
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to guide and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds.
- Medical Plans, with PPO or HDHP options
- Dental Plans, with buy-up option
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plans, with buy-up options
- Short Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Long Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Voluntary Accident Plans
- Voluntary Critical Illness Plans
Hyliion is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AddressWest Chester, OH
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hyliion
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?