Director of IT Infrastructure & Operations
Hyliion Cedar Park, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hyliion evolved out of a passion for horsepower. As a mechanical engineer and motorsports racer, founder and CEO Thomas Healy set out to bring the advantages of hybrid technology to tractor trailers. Today, Hyliion is an industry leader in Class 8 electrification with a growing team of talented engineers and visionaries and a robust network of strategic industry partnerships. With an ever-growing demand for shipping products, we will provide technology solutions that transform transportation's environmental impact.
Our Mission: Be The leading provider of Electrified Powertrain Solutions for the Commercial Transportation industry
Our Vision: For a global net-carbon-negative commercial transportation industry is ambitious, real and achievable through our technology.
- Deliver the practical advantages of hybrid and electric technology to commercial fleets.
- Accelerate innovation and reduce costs in commercial transportation and logistics.
- Be a technology leader in the global fight against climate change by delivering solutions that reduce or negate carbon emissions.
Hyliion is looking for a Director of IT Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) to join our Information Technology and Security (IT&S) team in Austin, TX. This full-time position offers the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the trucking industry. We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals that are highly motivated to revolutionize an industry, reduce the use of fuel and have some fun. You will be joining an experienced IT and Security team laying out the foundation of IT Infrastructure and Operations in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will be laying the strategic direction of Hyliion's IT Infrastructure and Operations. You will be expected to groom a growing team, along with hands on efforts toward selecting the technology stack and operations business processes. Reports to Chief Information Officer.
At Hyliion Inc, information technology and security continue to allow us to modernize, automate workloads, secure, and pursue next-generation innovation. The Director of I&O with expertise in the design, development, and implementation of large-scale infrastructure in cloud and on premises. The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based tech, with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, and ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient. Extensive knowledge of IT infrastructure, and advanced industry knowledge is key to keeping us on the cutting edge. From day one, you will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT&S operations, and an ongoing impact on our rapid growth.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strategize and deliver all infrastructure (End User computing, Hybrid/Cloud compute services, Network services, security infrastructure, service desk, BCDR) engineering and operations.
- Be accountable for customer satisfaction and SLO's for all infrastructure services.
- Develop business and technical architectures for the infrastructure to be in alignment with the enterprise architecture principles & vision. Contribute to the development of broader enterprise architecture.
- Build and lead a high performing team to deliver best in class infrastructure services.
- Develop and be accountable for critical vendor partnerships needed for success
- Ensure compliance to key regulatory, security and organizational policies and procedures.
- Collaborate and deliver to the business continuity and disaster recovery goals of the organization.
- Manage financials for achieving lowest TCO for the infrastructure.
- Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders to deliver the services.
- Define and establish right size processes to enable productive use of resources.
- Perform Infrastructure Engineering for Hybrid/Cloud compute, Network (WAN, LAN, Wi-fi etc.), and end user computing areas.
- Responsible for all enterprise infrastructure including engineering sites, service facilities, charging locations, manufacturing facilities, other locations.
- Responsible for capacity planning for the growth of the organization.
- Responsible for managing MSP and MSSP relationships and service improvements.
- Understand, develop, and deliver meaningful reports on the program state and adherence to frameworks and standards.
- Lead the escalation and resolution of risk and compliance issues with appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop design policies, procedures, and processes to comply with regulatory requirements as it pertains to ITGCs, SOX, SOC, and other industry relevant regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization progressing forward.
- Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Handle's conflict situations effectively, with a win, win mindset
- Attracts, selects, and motivates best talent to meet current and future needs of the organization. Builds a high performing team.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
- Plans, prioritizes, sequences, and manages portfolio of work to maximize delivery of business value
- Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes
- Able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near term execution is a glide path into the future vision
- Proven ability to be collaborative with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 10+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing Hybrid (cloud and on premises) infrastructure.
- AWS Certification
- Microsoft Azure Certification
- Expertise in Cisco, Meraki, Nutanix, Dell, Lenovo, Uniquity, Palo Alto.
- Experience with AutoCAD and related engineering applications.
- Working knowledge IBM Cloud.
- Working knowledge of Colocation Data Centers.
- Project management skills
- Change Management skills
- IT General Controls skills
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Hyliion does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office.
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AddressCedar Park, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at Hyliion