HydroGeoLogic, Inc. is a leader in the environmental construction and remediation industry, with over 30 years of experience providing comprehensive engineering and design services by implementing innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions that address environmental, infrastructure, and natural resource management challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation, and construction services, as well as Military Munitions Response Program support to EPA, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), U.S. Air Force (AF), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and other federal and state government clients. HGL offers a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic professionals.
HydroGeoLogic, Inc. has a position open for a Senior Construction Cost Estimator to support HGL s environmental construction and remediation business. Estimates and projects typically range in size from $1M to $100M. Current bid opportunities include environmental construction, in-situ treatment, operations and maintenance, industrial demolition, unexploded ordnance, geotechnical, and radiological remediation/restoration. Seeking driven individual who is detail oriented; thorough in approach; well organized; customer service oriented; knowledgeable and experienced in reviewing request for proposal (RFP) packages (including statements of work, specifications, plans, drawings, etc.) to develop accurate cost estimates in support of proposals and projects in the federal environmental market.
For this position, HGL is open to having the Cost Estimator work from any HGL office or a remote location. Other possible office locations include Denver CO, Overland Park, KS, Albany NY, Phoenix AZ, San Antonio TX, Orlando FL, Reston VA (DC metro), and Hudson OH.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Program, Operations, and Project Managers by analyzing project requirements and preparing detailed cost estimates. The role will include attending pre-bid site walks, determining scopes of work, perform quantity take-offs, calculate pricing by required task and phasing, obtain competitive bids from subcontractors, review and understand blueprints and project specifications, assist with value engineering assessments, and evaluate change orders.
Responsibilities and expectations for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Review project bid documents and coordinate with operations and proposal team to ensure work plan and scope are thorough and complete.
- Identify risk issues, their order of magnitude and proposed solutions to mitigate.
- Perform a thorough review of bid materials including general conditions, schedule, scopes of work, site logistics, means and methods, constructability, and other information relative to ensuring competitiveness, completeness, and risk mitigation.
- Form effective relationships with client, proposal and design teams, sub-contractors, and vendors/suppliers that reflect and support company values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations.
- Assemble and present the prepared estimate, including all backup information, rates, costs, units, quotes, etc.
- Maintain cost database for all projects bid, and work with company resources to continually refine the database for site-specific, regional, and scope-specific data.
- Experience preparing bids for USACE and/or EPA remedial action contracts and task orders.
- Hands-on experience and general knowledge of estimating, including budgeting, scheduling, change management, construction, and reporting.
- Knowledge of cost estimating software and methodologies.
- Experience supporting engineering, environmental, procurement, and construction projects.
- Ability to interpret bid documents for cost, estimating, and change management.
- Ability to understand agreements, terms and conditions, warranty periods, and purchase orders.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines.
- 5 years previous environmental construction and remediation experience with at least 2 years as an Estimator or Estimate to Lead.
- Estimating experience on bid opportunities valued at $10M and greater.
Associates degree in Engineering, Construction Management or technical field.
- A pre-hire drug test is required.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Travel as required for site visits, pre-construction meetings, project meetings, data gathering, and project support as required. Travel anticipated approximately 25%.