HydroGeoLogic, Inc. (HGL) has a position open for Principal Project Manager - Regional Coordinator to support HGL s growing business in the Seattle area with private clients and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). HGL is a leader in the environmental remediation industry, with over 30 years of experience providing comprehensive engineering and design services by implementing innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions that address environmental, infrastructure, and natural resource management challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation, and construction services, as well as Military Munitions Response Program support to EPA, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), U.S. Air Force (AF), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and other federal and state government clients. HGL offers a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic professionals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the technical and administrative aspects of a variety of projects, including CERCLA remedial investigations and feasibility studies; remedial designs and construction; operations; and third-party oversight.
Responsibilities and expectations for this position include:
- Providing technical support and/or supervision of a variety of in-house projects is required. Tasks may include calculations, overseeing the development and review of maps, drawings, and specifications, data collection, data entry and analysis, oversight of field operations, project management, and cost estimation.
- Hiring, managing, retaining, and training staff.
- Providing routine performance evaluations and compensation adjustments for staff.
- Serving as a mentor to less experienced staff.
- Leading components of a large sediment remedial design effort.
- Developing project budgets based on scope and develop project schedules to meet performance and pay milestones.
- Directing teams to meet project budget, schedule, health and safety, and quality goals.
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with clients, regulators, project team members, and company management.
- Ability to support business development efforts, including scoping and developing cost estimates for competitive procurement.
- Executing multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Periodic business travel is required. Travel is anticipated to consist of visits to client offices and project sites. Travel is expected about 20% of the year.
- The position requires at least 10 years of directly relevant experience, which must include extensive experience managing environmental investigation, design, remediation, LTRA, and/or construction projects.
- Strong technical writing, organizational, and oral communication skills required.
- The successful candidate will show directly relevant experience that demonstrates a history of responsibility, initiative, motivation, and creative problem solving.
- Must also be willing to participate in project technical tasks ranging from fieldwork and field operations; development of specifications; and data management, evaluation, and report preparation.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite required.
- Sediment investigation, design, and remediation experience.
- EPA Superfund experience is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of CERCLA process and work phases is strongly desired.
- Current certification of OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training is a plus.
The Principal Project Manager - Regional Coordinator position requires a minimum of a BS in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, or a related environmental field of study.
A Master of Science (MS) or Doctorate (PhD) in a technical field is a plus. Also, a plus is Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Professional Geologist (PG) certifications. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is also desirable.
- A pre-hire drug test and a fit for duty baseline physical are required.
- Positions require U.S. Citizenship.