- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HydroGeoLogic, Inc., (HGL) is an industry leader with over 35 years of experience providing comprehensive environmental engineering services by implementing innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions that address today's environmental, infrastructure, and natural resource challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation, and construction services, as well as Military Munitions Response Program support to the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Department of Energy, and other federal and state government clients. Along with core values of workplace diversity, inclusion and employee engagement, HGL is one of the few companies that remain committed to research and development, offering a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic professionals.
Currently, HGL is seeking a Director of Human Resources to join our HR team in Reston, VA. The successful candidate will be a strategic member of HGL's management team, a trusted advisor to supervisors, managers and executive staff regarding HR trends, best practices, recruiting/retention metrics, operational processes, systems and tools required to meet corporate goals.
As HR team leader, the daily routine will be mentoring, leading and actively participating in a strong, collaborative HR team focused on meeting company talent needs/requirements and supporting organizational objectives of a growth-oriented company in compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
This position requires the highest standards of professional integrity and practical business acumen. A demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships and effective communication at all levels of the organization is necessary to successfully anticipate employee needs for both existing and new staff while simultaneously implementing clear, fair, consistent and legally compliant corporate policies protective of both employees and the company.
- Influence short- and long-term workforce planning strategies including implementing initiatives related to talent acquisition, employee performance, engagement and retention, employee benefits, leadership, training, equity, diversity and inclusion, succession planning, etc.
- Develop strong relationships with geographically dispersed staff to anticipate, understand and support their HR needs
- Collaborate with professional, craft, and UXO personnel at all levels of the company on sensitive or confidential employment matters by providing sound, practical business savvy advice, facilitating resolution of issues through appropriate conflict management and mediation techniques, conducting complex investigations and ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, local employment regulations as well as company policies
- Work with the management team to develop practical, compliant solutions to various challenges, supporting corporate business goals, positively influencing fundamental organizational strategy and maximizing successful outcomes
- Champion continuous improvement and implementation of best practices for HR processes, policies and procedures
- Proactively perform due diligence to minimize corporate HR related risks from new business initiatives, designing mitigation strategies and ensuring corporate policies and procedures transform if necessary to support changes in business, legal or regulatory requirements
- Utilize data-driven metrics, including data obtained from employee surveys, to communicate to division leadership and management regarding talent and organizational decision making and impacts to business performance.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to develop capabilities of HR teammates to maximize achievement of individual potential and goals
- Ensure compliance with current federal/state/local HR related requirements and reporting deadlines; continuously maintain working knowledge of regulatory trends and changes which may impact the organization
- Perform HR special projects as assigned
- Occasional travel may be required, less than 10% of time
- 10+ years progressive experience in HR
- Experience in three or more HR disciplines (i.e.: recruiting, benefits, compensation, prevailing wage labor, employee relations, onboarding, training, or policy development)
- Supervisory experience with HR staff
- 5+ years of HR experience within the Federal Government contracting industry
- Supervisory experience with geographically disbursed HR staff
- Experience with immigration status employment requirements
- Experience with OCONUS employment issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or a related field from an accredited university or college.
- Master's Degree in Human Resources or MBA
- SHRM-CP or SCP, SPHR, or PHR certification
- Demonstrate a comprehensive functional knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, FMLA, Wage and Hour, EEOC, ERISA, Affirmative Action and DOL regulations
- Demonstrate clear, effective and respectful oral and written communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization and across a diverse range of backgrounds and geographic locations
- Demonstrate sound judgment, a clear respect for sensitive and confidential information, the ability to influence with integrity, deploy critical/strategic thinking and execute strong conflict management skills when needed
- Detail-oriented, coupled with timely decision-making skills and exceptional follow-through
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects and priorities
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment to develop comprehensive, effective, innovative solutions to complex issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Teams)
- Experience with ADP, balanceTRAK (ATS), SharePoint, and WorkSmart
- Experience with SCA/SCLS and Davis Bacon Act
A pre-hire drug test is required. Travel may be required. Requires US Citizenship.
BusinessView all jobs at HydroGeoLogic, Inc