Deputy Program Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HydroGeoLogic, Inc. (HGL) has a position open for a Deputy Program Mgr. to supportHGL's growing business with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in EPA regions 9 and/or 10.
HGL is a leader in the environmental remediation industry, with nearly 35 years of experience providing comprehensive engineering and design services by implementing innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions that address environmental, infrastructure, and natural resource management challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation, and construction services, as well as Military Munitions Response Program support to EPA, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), U.S. Air Force (AF), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and other federal and state government clients. HGL offers a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic professionals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the technical and administrative aspects of a variety of projects/programs, including CERCLA remedial investigations and feasibility studies; remedial designs and construction; remedial site maintenance and operations; and third-party oversight.
Responsibilities and expectations for this position include:
- Ability to support business development efforts in EPA Regions 9 and/or 10 including development of detailed project proposals responsive to EPA contracting requirements under the Remedial Action Framework (RAF).
- Ability to develop project budgets and schedules based on the required scope of work to meet performance and payment milestones.
- Ability to direct, manage, and lead project teams in the delivery of work and work products within the project budget and schedule.
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with clients, regulators, project team members, and company management.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Ability to provide technical support and/or supervision of a variety of in-house projects is required.
- Tasks may include managing the development and technical review of narrative text, maps, drawings, and specifications, data collection, data entry and analysis, oversight of field operations, project management, and cost estimation.
- Periodic business travel is required. Travel is anticipated to consist of visits to client offices and project sites.
- Travel is expected about 15% of the year within EPA region 9 and/or region 10.
The successful candidate must have a demonstrated understanding and capability ofperforming CERCLA remedial site management including the following:
- Deputy Prog. Mgr. / Senior Project Manager experience (about 10 years) which includes directly managing the implementation of RI/FS, RD/RA or O&M phases of CERCLA site remediation or overseeing PRP-led CERCLA site remediation projects in EPA Regions 9 or 10.
- Experience working with federal agency (e.g. EPA, DoD, DOE) contracts or State environmental agency contracts.
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams directly implementing or overseeing implementation of remediation investigation, design, and construction or O&M activities.
- Strong technical writing, organizational, and oral communication skills required.
- The successful candidate must show directly relevant experience that demonstrates a history of responsibility, initiative, motivation, and creative problem solving.
- Must also be willing to participate in project technical tasks ranging from fieldwork and field operations; development of specifications; and data management, evaluation, and report preparation.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite required.
The successful candidate should have a demonstrated experience of the following:
- Experience working under EPA contracts
- Experience working at EPA Superfund sites
- Knowledge of EPA's CERCLA processes and work phases
- Familiarity with the identification and application of EPA and State environmental laws, regulations, and technical guidance
- Experience at remediation projects with geologic/hydro-geologic features found withinEPA Regions 9 or 10.
- Experience developing, interpreting and/or preparing technical review comments for CERCLA documents (e.g., site management plan, risk assessment report, conceptual site model, RI workplan, RI report, FS report, RD/RA workplans and reports, proposed plans/RODs, 5-year review reports, ICs)
- Strong administrative organizational skills including development and oversight of project staffing, schedule, budget and invoicing to timely complete the required work.
- Minimum of a BS in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or a related physical science, natural science, or environmental field of study.
The following educational degrees, licenses, and certifications are desirable, but not required:
- An MS or PhD Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG) license or registration.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Current certification of OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training
- It is preferred that the candidate selected will be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
The successful candidate will be required to pass the installation security checks. A pre-hire drug test is required and may require a fit for duty baseline physical. Position may require U.S. Citizenship.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at hrIWD@hgl.com or by phone at 703-478-5186 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
BusinessView all jobs at HydroGeoLogic, Inc