Assistant Environmental Data Management Specialist
HydroGeoLogic, Inc Reston, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HGL (HydroGeoLogic, Inc.) is an industry leader with over 30 years of experience providing comprehensive environmental engineering services by implementing innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions that address today's environmental, infrastructure, and natural resource challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation, and construction services, as well as Military Munitions Response Program support to the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Department of Energy, and other federal and state government clients. HGL is one of the few companies that remain committed to research and development, offering a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic professionals.
Currently, HGL is seeking an Assistant Environmental Data Management Specialist in one of our US offices. As an integral part of our team, the Assistant Environmental Data Management Specialist will support multiple customers and projects in managing databases for large environmental projects throughout the United States.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining project databases and performing other functions, both routine (for example, posting data for use by project staff) and unscheduled (for example, correcting data found erroneous during other QC reviews).
- Function as an environmental professional assisting with the management and reporting of environmental data, including environmental sample analysis results, location survey information, geological/hydrogeological information, groundwater levels, well construction information, etc.
- Assist with loading data sets into databases and data systems from sources such as laboratories, surveyors, spreadsheets, and other databases, and well logs, etc.
- Evaluate data sets for completeness and correctness.
- Effectively work with a team of data management analysts and other scientific/engineering professionals to develop corrective actions and improvements to the quality of environmental data management processes.
- Review data for quality assurance and support ongoing quality control.
- Support end-users on database user interface applications.
- Support end-users by developing specialized reports and/or custom queries for environmental data.
- Work effectively as a team member in the development of requirements for new environmental data reporting tools and processes.
HGL prefers candidate located within regular commuting distance to one of HGL offices in Reston, VA; Albany, NY; Denver, CO; Huntsville, AL; Kansas City, MO; or Phoenix, AZ. Travel will not be required for this position.
Required skills include using environmental database software and with creating and maintaining project-specific databases; and developing data tables, figures, and reports. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for office work under the direction of individual project managers.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Access, Excel, SQL Server, and SharePoint.
Experience with the commercial-off-the-shelf environmental data management systems such as Locus EIM and EarthSoft's EQuIS is a plus, but not required.
- 1+ years of experience in environmental data management.
- Strong analytical and database skills and environmental background.
- Organized, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Attention to detail is extremely important, as is the ability to communicate effectively with project participants.
- Experience with one or more of the following data systems is preferred: US Air Force ERPIMS (including ERPToolsX); ADR.net; USACE FUDSChem; or US Army Environmental Restoration Information System (ERIS).
- Experience with laboratory analytical databases (LIMS) and/or data validation is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with RCRA, CERCLA, DoD, DOE, or USEPA projects.
Minimum of BS/BA degree in computer science, an environmental discipline (e.g., chemistry, environmental science), or a related field.
Ability to complete a background check to obtain credentials to access Government data systems.
A pre-hire drug test and physical is required. Some positions may require US Citizenship.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at HydroGeoLogic, Inc