SolidWorks Motion Graphics Designer
Hydro, Inc. Chicago, IL
- Posted: 20 days ago
- Benefits: 401k,
Motion Graphics Designer- SolidWorks
Hydro Inc. is a global engineering firm providing services that optimize performance and reliability for our customers in the pump industry. We are seeking an in-office, part-time SolidWorks Motion Graphics Designer position for our Graphics Department, who will generate 2D and 3D photo-realistic product renderings and animations from SolidWorks assemblies that will be used for commercial training purposes. Sitting at the intersection of design and engineering, your work will become the face of Hydro’s online marketing presence.
o SolidWorks 3D modeling and rigging based on existing engineering documentation
o Blender modeling and animation to generate photorealistic 3D simulations and visual aids
o Utilization of Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects, in enhancing and developing 2D/3D figures
o In-house Cortona3D software training/utilization—pump and system components, exploded views, 2D figures and graph enhancements
o Create product videos from renderings (animations: panning, rotating, and exploded views)
o Participate in QC workflows with engineering and technical teams for assembly files to ensure accuracy and consistency of all components
o Copywriting and proofreading of technical documentation, captions, and video motion graphics
o Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
o Supporting administrative tasks and content management for corporate programs
• Must have SolidWorks and Blender experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, engineering, or related field
• Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills
• Creativity and team-orientation
• Receptive to feedback within an agile workflow
• Portfolio and track record of 3D animation, rigging, modeling, motion graphics
• Video editing and motion graphics (After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop)
• 3D rendering (e.g., configuration, workflows, cloud rendering, etc.)
• Basic knowledge or existing utilization of Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Moodle, Blackboard, Coursera, etc.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Hydro, Inc.Why Work Here?
We are Hydro Inc., the largest independent pump engineering company in the world with corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL.
We are Hydro Inc., a global engineering company. Our mission is to work hand-in-hand with our valued customers to optimize the performance and reliability of their pumping systems by evaluating and understanding root causes of pump degradation or failure and by providing unbiased engineering analysis, quality workmanship, and responsive field service for improved plant operation.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Hydro, Inc.