WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The EHS Specialist is responsible for the effective deployment of the Hydrite Environmental, Health and Safety program to ensure a safe environment for our team and ensure facility compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
As Sr. EHS Specialist, primary responsibilities include:
General Safety Leadership & Teamwork
- Act as Site Leader and Ambassador of the Hydrite Safety System
- Partners with site operational leadership focused on improving safety every day
- Partners with the EHS team across Hydrite sites to coordinate and drive best practices
- Sets a good example by following all rules and practicing good safety practices in all activities
- Acts as local subject matter expert for Hydrite safety operating procedures handling moderately complex projects and assignments
- Responsible for scheduled site safety communications
- Provides safety metric packages to site leadership and frontline
- Acts as site safety lead for incoming business review
- Manages the PPE program
Systematically Reduce Risk
- Creates new and reviews existing Job Safety Analysis
- Creates new and reviews PPE Certifications
- Trains and executes Safe Behavior Visits
- Acts as Site Safety Lead for Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), and PSM Program including training and keeping procedures current
- Acts as site leader for safety incident reporting and investigation
- Immediately reports all injuries, environmental releases to site leader and corporate functions
- Leads incident investigation and root cause analysis (5-Why, Ishikawa, FMEA, etc.)
- Organizes and schedules all required EHS training requirements (Industrial Lift, HAZWOPER, Etc.)
- Tracks and monitors all safety training requirements to achieve 100% compliance
- Conducts new employee EHS orientation
- Professionally trains and coaches personnel on good safety practices
- Manages the contractor safety program
- Ensures 100% compliance with all applicable laws, permits, policies and procedures
- Responsible for monitoring and managing site to 100% regulatory compliance
- Manages waste streams including hazardous, recycling, transportation, etc.
- Leads internal audits and provides key support for external audits
- Conducts and documents regular facility inspections
- This position reports to the Regional EHS Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Safety, Environmental Sciences or similar with 4-6 years related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must possess OSHA 30-hour certification and have solid working knowledge of the subject matter and regulatory standards
- PSM working knowledge of subject matter
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees and management including the ability to read, write, and speak English
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required
- Ability to travel up to 10-25% of the time.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm