Mechanical Project Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
The Mechanical Project Engineer will support new product development of Pressure Switch and Transducer products from contract review through introduction to Production. This individual will use skills of mechanical design theory, statistical analysis, material properties, interpretation of specifications, project management and manufacturing. Will require knowledge of electromechanical systems, mechanical modeling, welding, vibration analysis and testing. The Candidate will have the opportunity to work on new design concepts, develop new manufacturing methods and be responsible for product design, documentation, presentations and defense to management and customers along the coordination with design drafters and production personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for product design of electromechanical pressure and temperature products such as pressure sensors, temperature sensors, pressure switches and temperature switches
- Plans/Executes projects
- Designs analysis of mechanical and electromechanical devices including Finite Element Analysis, worst case analysis and tolerance stack up (GD&T)
- Formulates conceptual design of aeronautical or aerospace products or systems to meet customer requirements
- Performs robust design (e.g., Design for Six Sigma and design for manufacture)
- Prepares of mechanical designs for drawings
- Establishes and coordinates activities of testing aerospace products (QTP, QTR, FMECA)
- Supports report writing and program presentations (customer interface)
- Coordinates failure analysis or problem-solving activities concerned with investigating and resolving customers' reports of technical problems
- Supports manufacturing personnel
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of mechanical design engineering experience with exposure to manufacturing engineering
- Knowledge of aerospace design practices (Modeling, report generation, design review)
- An introductory knowledge of statistics
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis, stress-strain analysis, and resonance determination
- Familiarity with SolidWorks
- Self-starter who enjoys working on challenging problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to integrate and operate effectively within teams
- Tenacious approach to problem solving
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
B-52, SR-71 Blackbird, Boeing 707, 737, 747, 777, 787, F-14, F-15, F-16, F-22, F-35, AH-64 Apache, Patriot Missile, and the F-117.
Our success comes from the significant responsibilities we give to our employees. We assign them important projects and empower them to develop innovative solutions. We firmly believe that people thrive when allowed to grow into their full potential.
Hydra Electric Company
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hydra Electric Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?