Food and Beverage Runner
- Expired: January 31, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Food and Beverage (F&B) Runner provides best-in-class guest service to our guests and is responsible for engaging with guests for the servicing of all food and beverage items at the premium shared-use lounge by Airport Dimensions supporting the Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club located inside the Boston Logan International Airport. The F&B Runner delivers all food and beverage mobile orders directly to the guests' table, ensuring timely service and food quality.
- Hospitality Focus - focus on guest satisfaction and providing memorable experiences. Generous, friendly, and warm spirited.
- Guest Experience- Maintains a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor at all times ensuring highest level of guest experience in an elevated environment while accurately answering inquiries from guests.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Conflict Resolution - deescalate situations in a professional and courteous manner.
- Problem Solving - develop solutions to remove obstacles to problems that may arise.
Primary Job Duties
- Ensures a positive guest experience for all guests and resolves guest complaints in a manner consistent with policy, and with guest satisfaction in mind
- Act as the contact point between Front of the House and Back of the House staff
- Communicate food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities and special requests (e.g. food allergies)
- Assist the wait staff with table setting by fetching and placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils and napkins
- Serves food and beverage items using established rules and sequence of service in a timely and safe manner
- Check in with guests and take additional orders or refill water, as needed
- Inform restaurant staff about guest's feedback or requests
- Maintains knowledge of all food and beverage offerings.
- Remove dirty dishes and utensils
- Answer guests' questions about ingredients and menu items
- Ensure timely and safe delivery of food and beverage items ordered/requested by guests
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with guests and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing manner
- Ability to effectively and pleasantly present information in one-on-one and group settings to guests and other team members of the Company
- Requires ability to maintain composure under pressure and awareness of surroundings and cultural differences
- Requires ability to maintain a presentable and polished appearance in keeping with service standards in a best-in-class environment
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours
- Availability to work various shifts, including weekends
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to handle the stress of a face-paced work shift up to ten (10) hours
- Requires the ability to lift and / or move up to 40 pounds
- Requires the ability to walk, bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Report on work on a regular and timely basis
- Able to work rotating shifts including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to pass and obtain security background check and clearance to work in airport environment
- Medical Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation and PTO
- 401K Plan with generous Company Matching
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Corporate Discounts for nationally recognized products and services (childcare, electronics, entertainment, hotels, home, groceries, restaurants, auto, travel, and pets)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hyde Park Hospitality (HPH) is a young-but dynamic and fast-growing-company built on deep roots in the food business. HPH earned Crain's Fast 50 Award in 2022 for being one (ranked 23rd) of the fifty fastest growing businesses in the Chicago-area! We provide services ranging from airport concessions, management staffing, brand licensing, to contracted food and facilities management. With a 90% diverse senior management team, HPH values diversity and welcomes everyone with necessary qualifications and experience, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, and any other protected status, to apply. Learn more about us at hph-us.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $22.00 per hour
Hyde Park Hospitality
AddressEast Boston, MA
FoodView all jobs at Hyde Park Hospitality
Get fresh Runner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.