*Immediate Hire* Special Education Support
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To apply complete an application. Click the following link: https://hydebrooklyn.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Hyde Leadership Charter School – Brooklyn uses an inclusive model to serve students who possess a valid Individualized Education Plan (IEP) according to the Committee on Special Education (CSE) of the New York City Department of Education. SETSS teachers, General Education teachers and Related Services Providers (RSP) work together to achieve the goals set forth in each student’s IEP.
The SETSS teacher collaborates with the classroom teachers and providers in order to provide students in grades K – 5 the support needed to meet grade level standards. The SETSS teacher provides push-in/pull-out support based on the student’s IEP, in order to ensure that the student works on their specific IEP goals while learning and progressing at accelerated rates. In addition the SETSS teacher is required to provide school-wide support in areas such as, but not limited to: scheduled arrival, mealtime and dismissal duties.
- Differentiate small group instruction for students with special needs
- Drive academic outcomes by analyzing data, reviewing student work, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students
- Maintain records of students' progress
- Prepare student individualized education and behavior plans in consultation with staff and families to ensure success for all scholars
- Develop and teach engaging lessons that follow the rigorous, common core curriculum and provide individual or small group instruction for EIP students, who require additional academic support
- Attend IEP meetings and ensure appropriate accommodations are given to students during assessments
- Review students’ IEP to determine medical concerns and alerts
- Create goals for performance that are specific, measurable, ambitious, rooted in data and time-bound
- Develop and implement academic interventions using push-in and pull-out models
- Develop strong relationships with families through communication and school events
- Implement research-based strategies that maximize their own performance and that of their students
- Participate actively in weekly grade level team planning meetings to assist with lesson differentiation, accommodation and modification as needed
- Reflect on progress as educator and seeking out professional resources to continuously improve one’s practice
- Actively participate in grade-level meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development
- Attend all faculty meetings
Hyde is built on the belief that every person has a unique potential and larger purpose in life, and character growth is key to exposing that potential and purpose. Hyde maintains a student-centered culture that motivates character development and emphasizes curiosity, courage, concern, integrity, and leadership. Our goal is to prepare children for college and beyond, and to live their lives according to standards of personal excellence. We believe in order to provide the best possible education for our young leaders, we as educators need to be in a continuous growth process. Working at Hyde-Brooklyn is a unique and rewarding experience because our staff receives both professional development and participates in their own self- discovery process through the Hyde process of journaling facilitated discussion, workshops, and seminars.
Hyde Leadership Charter School-Brooklyn
330 Alabama AvenueNew York, NY
Get fresh Link Community Charter School jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.