Hatchery Quality and Service Room Supervisor
Hybrid Turkeys LLC Beresford, SD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In the Quality & Service Room Manager position, you will be responsible for managing team members to complete daily hatches of poults for our customers. You will monitor day-to-day activities as well as formulating strategies for future improvements. This includes pulling flocks from hatchers, monitoring hatchery equipment to include environmental control, managing team members to service the poults, reviewing quality assurance data for each flock / customer delivery, and preparing daily reports for each day’s hatch. Reporting to the Hatchery Manager, you will ensure proper equipment operation, manage and motivate team members, possess excellent communication and organizational skills and have the ability to solve practical problems. You will work within established procedures concerning the hatchery operation and standard operating procedures to train new and existing team members. Bringing solid knowledge of poultry hatchery operations and experience with poult servicing will lead to your success in this role.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Ensure each flock is successfully hatched and ready to be serviced.
- Work with 3rd party contractor to properly identify the sex of each poult.
- Prepare weekly Key Performance Indicators to monitor efficiency of the operation.
- Review weekly work orders for completion of poult servicing.
- Communicate performance standards with team members.
- Recognize and reward individual and team accomplishments and counsel performance problems.
- Direct daily work tasks and supervise Service room team members.
- Prepare accurate daily reports for the day’s activities.
- Ensure compliance with regulations relating to safety, biosecurity, sanitation, and company policies.
- Work with Transportation team to ensure healthy poults are received by our customers.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies, service materials and hatchery supplies.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is completed and maintained.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings as required.
- Additional duties as directed by the Hatchery Manager
- Working knowledge poultry hatchery operations.
- One to three years’ manager experience, preferably within a poultry industry.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in managing and motivating employees.
- Ability to plan and organize daily hatch schedule
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to work weekends as needed.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Communicating efficiently in both verbal and written form will be necessary to complete work requirements.
What we offer you
In our world, passionate people are making a difference and helping to produce safe, nutritious food. At Hendrix Genetics you will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment. We value your collaborative approach, creativity and initiative as part our global team of more than 3400 people working in different locations around the world. You will work with some of the very best and brightest people in their field as we do our part to help feed a hungry planet.
You will work in an environment based on respect, trust and recognition. You will have the opportunity to shape your own career by working locally or internationally with colleagues from around the globe. We believe in your personal development and provide on the job training, continuing education, industry programs and challenging work. There is continuous focus on programs to ensure the company’s organizational, intercultural, management and industry leadership.
We truly believe in Better Breeding Today. Brighter Life Tomorrow.
If you feel that your personal skills and experience match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your cover letter, together with a resume in response to this ad.
This job is located in Beresford, South Dakota, USA
We are a leading multi-species breeding company with primary activities in layer, turkey, pig, aquaculture and traditional poultry breeding, dedicated to generating solutions for the animal protein sector that meet the challenges of food production.
Over many years, the family-owned company has accumulated expertise and resources and leveraged its roots in farming to develop the relevant, high quality breeding solutions that it offers today. Hendrix Genetics provides expertise and resources to producers globally, with operations and joint ventures in 24 countries, and more than 3400 employees worldwide.
Thijs Hendrix, Président: “Our common history and shared values create a platform with a new horizon that will enable us to further focus on growth opportunities in animal breeding and life sciences. We embrace our past to catch the future.”
To fulfil our mission and to realize our full potential, Hendrix Genetics is inspired to be the global leader in animal breeding. With this goal in mind, Hendrix Genetics has developed a strategy founded on strengthening four key pillars of its business: Value Creation, Collaboration, Innovation and Sustainability.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hybrid Turkeys LLC
FoodView all jobs at Hybrid Turkeys LLC