Designer Freelance (Experienced)
Who we are:
Hybrid is a multidisciplinary graphic design studio based in San Francisco. Our focus is on creating engaging design–which includes (but is certainly not limited to): branding, identities, campaign development and strategy, publication design and production, retail and environmental, advertising, digital/websites, and packaging for clients like Nike, Mohawk Paper, Facebook, MOMA, Google, TED, Pinterest, Levis, The North Face, Steelcase, Stanford, and the United Nations.
What we are looking for:
Hybrid is searching for a freelance, personable, experienced and inspired Designer to initiate, develop creative design projects on a per-project basis.
A Freelance Designer can be responsible for various stages of the design and production process including: concept development, designing unique creative solutions, elevating the work, illustration, animation and quality tracking through production.
A successful candidate will be comfortable being hands-on in the entire design process from concept to production.
About the responsibilities:
- Create original design work on a wide range of projects (identity, print, digital, environmental, etc.)
- Continue to push the boundaries of the studio’s design and aesthetic
- Explore new and creative ways for brands, campaigns, platforms and designs to exist in the world
- Understand new technologies and how they allow for creating and sharing great designs (basic understanding of interactive design and tools is a must)
About the qualifications:
- 3-6 years of design experience in a creative studio environment (branding, print and interactive)
- Proven track record of working at the intersection of strategy and design
- An organized and detail-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Familiarity with all phases of the design life cycle and ability to work with a team through execution of all phases (strategy, conceptualization, development, budgeting, scheduling, creating proposals, client approvals, resources management; status reporting; deadline tracking; execution; and close-out)
- Ability to coordinate and/or respond to requests from the various parties involved in projects (clients, project managers, design team, suppliers, printers, illustrators, photographers, writers, etc.)
- A candidate's portfolio should reflect a range of design styles and capabilities. It should show evidence of an ability to do both responsible and experimental work.
- Creative, passionate, sense of humor and easy-going spirit
- Looking for an upbeat person that can be a team leader, but also a great team member.
- Position open to remote work.
How to get in touch with us:
Please provide a resume and sample of your portfolio via PDF or website link to our job application portal: https://hybriddesign.bamboohr.com/jobs/ . No phone calls or in-person visits please. We will look only at submitted electronic portfolios at this time. If additional materials are needed, we will be in touch directly to arrange for their delivery. Please check our website to see if you are a good fit for our firm.
Hybrid DesignSan Francisco, CA
Arts and Entertainment
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.