Yearly US Dollar (USD) pay basis
Req ID: HAW000037
US-HI-Hawaii Island - Kohala Coast
Destination Residences Hawaii is an independent collection within the Hyatt Lifestyle portfolio. We are located at Mauna Lani Resort on the Kohala Coast of Hawaii Island. We represent a different kind of brand in the hospitality industry. One that believes in independence over sameness. One with the Hawaiian core values of Pono, Kuleana, Kākou, Po`okela, ‘Imi Loa, and Mālama. At Destination, we are true to our place; diverse by design.
The Rental Operations Manager is a key member of the Hawaii Island Leadership Team whose primary role is to assist the General Manager – Hawaii Island in the obtainment of all rental program Goals as outlined in the annual business plan. The Rental Operations Manager will help to foster a progressive, results-oriented culture and will assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to owners and guests.
- Motivate and guide the rental program team to ensure guest/team member/owner needs and expectations are met.
- Provide support to the General Manager - Hawaii Island to ensure achievement of all goals, responsibilities and financial performance of the department and property.
- Participate and provide input in achieving maximum profits through cost and labor control.
- Ensure consistent quality, exceeding owner and guest expectations to maximize room revenue and unit inventory growth.
- Anticipate internal/external guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Daily Asgard inspections of property/units and work areas to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are met.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
High school graduate or equivalent; two years of formal post-high school education in the field of Hospitality Management preferred; Bachelor’s degree desirable.
Seven or more year’s previous hotel departmental management experience required; management experience in a five-diamond-hotel is preferred.
Financial acumen, including knowledge of accounting principles and ability to analyze financial statements.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language. Must be able to communicate thoughts and ideas clearly in speech and in writing for employees, owners and Classic Resorts staff.
Leadership ability to manage and lead Team Members to produce the highest level of service while maintaining good employee morale and compliance with the company’s policies in a fair and equitable manner.