SUMMARY:/ /TheHouseperson is responsible for responding to the needs of housekeepers, management, front desk, dispatch and guest service calls.The House Attendant must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing blood in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standards. S/he will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond Standards
TheHouse Attendantshall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
* Provides prompt response to all service calls
* Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
* Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment
* Responsible for delivery of requested guest items
* Keeps van/houseman vehicles stocked and orderly at all times
* Responds to any applicable guest, front desk or housekeeping request as needed
* Receives and stores incoming freight accurately and promptly
* Maintains effective organization, layout, cleanliness, security, upkeep and maintenance of all storage closets and facilities
* Keeps accurate and legible records of all services
* Provides accurate key control and effective security for all keys, buildings and vehicles
* Maintains complete and effective ongoing stocking of all linen closets with the exception of linens and terries unless otherwise assigned
* Helps maintain a clean and safe working environment in the housekeeping department
* Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied spaces. Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
* Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.).
* Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Wild Dunes Resort including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
* Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
* Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
* Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
* Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
* Communicates all pertinent information to the housekeeping team
* Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule, maintains accurate time records and follows proper standards for issuance of rooms
* Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards.
* Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times.
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Prior hospitality experience preferred
* Prior houseperson experience preferred
* One year of customer service experience required
* Must be authorized to work in the United States.
* Must possess a valid South Carolina Driver's License and meet company driving standards
* Must be able to read and speak English
* Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
* Must possesses excellent communication skills
* Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
* Must be able to work under pressure
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
* Must have excellent listening skills
* Must always ensure a teamwork environment
* Must have basic knowledge of chemicals and their uses
* Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
* Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Colleagues
* Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
* Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
Colleagues who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
* Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat);
* Must be able to walk, climb into and out of and operate a vehicle frequently, with occasional stair climbing.
* Must be able to repetitively lift, push, pull & carry up to 15 lbs, frequently up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 75 lbs;
* Must be able to twist, bend and squat frequently; kneel or crawl occasionally ; infrequently climb a ladder
* Must be able to perform repetitive hand & arm movements, pushing and pulling and simple grasping frequently; squeezing, overhead reaching & fine manipulation occasionally.
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: ISL000255
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.