Entry Level Manager
Yearly US Dollar (USD) pay basis
Req ID: NEW008816
US-NY-New York City
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Overnight-Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for all overnight, front desk operations which includes: staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. The Overnight-Assistant Front Office Manager should possess strong communication skills and demonstrate strong leadership abilities. In addition to assisting the Operation, this position will respond quickly to guest requests and/or complaints in a friendly manner and ensure that appropriate action is taken to guarantee guest satisfaction.
- Maintain guest room inventory
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt Service Standards and Procedures
- Ensure all operations and cash handling are processed per policies and procedures
- Maintain excellent communication with all Hotel overnight operations
- Maintain information on prices, rates, specials, packages, programs, etc, while ensuring all staff are trained in all areas
- Analyze, investigate, and resolve guest complaints
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Connected to the majesty and convenience of Grand Central Terminal, Grand Hyatt New York is the quintessential New York City hub, for exceptional dining, shopping and can’t-miss attractions. Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Complimentary and discount room stays at other Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
- An extensive global network of advancement opportunities
- Competitive medical, dental and vision options
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- 401k Retirement
- Fitness, mobile service and various other discounts are available to Team members
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Service oriented style with professional communication skills
- At least 2 years progressive management experience within the Rooms Division of a hotel
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English