Hourly/Entry Level Employee
Hourly US Dollar (USD) pay basis
Req ID: OMA000790
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, APPLICANTS MUST LIVE WITHIN 80 MILES OF THE HYATT GLOBAL CONTACT CENTER IN OMAHA, NEBRASKA.
STARTING WAGE - $14.00 PER HOUR
TRAINING AT HYATT – You will come into the Global Contact Center to train for this position. The Hyatt Global Contact Center is located at 9805 Q Street in Omaha. Training begins September 9, 2019. You will be in training for 9 weeks, 11:30am-8:00pm Monday through Friday.
WORK FROM HOME – After the initial 9 weeks of training in the Global Contact Center, you will then start your Hyatt career in a set full-time schedule working from the comfort of your home.
NOW HIRING – Guest Service Associates who will provide Hyatt guests with exceptional customer service throughout the inbound reservation process. Strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work independently, and have the aptitude and ability to successfully perform in a sales role, in union with a high degree of customer service orientation. A Guest Service Associate must multi-task (talk, type, search multiple screens) without impact to the guest. Must be computer savvy and have the ability to type and utilize keyboard functions to navigate multiple programs and screens quickly and accurately.
- Position is highly customer service focused. Associates are to respond to our guests in a friendly, timely and attentive manner while meeting Hyatt’s standard of care in every interaction.
- Must demonstrate competency, proficiency and meet specific sales goals and metrics on an ongoing basis. Examples of metrics include, but are not limited to: sales conversion, upselling, cross-selling, enrolling guests in Hyatt’s loyalty program as well as offering a Hyatt credit card.
- Desire to exhibit reliability and dependability to work independently.
- Must have the adaptability to change, resilience and open-mindedness and remain receptive to feedback. Will then apply the suggestions for continued achievement of high performance at Hyatt.
- Enhance the Hyatt brand by communicating effectively, accurately and clearly in all guest interactions.
- Active participation within our learning style. We desire those with self-motivation who are disciplined and require little supervision.
- Willingness to provide feedback to management while maintaining a good rapport throughout that communication process.
- Must be computer/technology savvy- our future focus will become even more reliant on technology.
- Cognitive ability to learn and process new information and choose appropriate action. Reading comprehension skills, situational judgment and advanced interpersonal skills such as professionalism, respect/empathy, social aptitude, friendly disposition, positive attitude and patience are needed in this position to succeed.
- Will deliver and exhibit Hyatt values with every guest at all times.
YOUR PLACE AT HYATT - Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a company that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun. Discover why Hyatt is consistently ranked one of the world’s best places to work.
Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For®- FORTUNE and Great Place to Work®
America's Best Employers For Diversity- Forbes • 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials- FORTUNE
GROW WITH US - In the Hyatt family we offer training, new skills development and career mobility everyday across multiple functions. We want to grow together.
BENEFITS – We care for people so they can be their best. That includes offering a generous benefit package that we are happy to discuss with you during the interview process.
Pay starting at $14.00/hr • 144 PTO hours per year • 8 Paid holidays • Paid sabbatical • Paid new child leave • Short term disability • Employee Engagement Events • Learn a new language with Rosetta Stone • 12 Complimentary Hotel Nights per year • Tuition Reimbursement • Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance options for you and your family (base premiums range from $50 - $570) • Life Insurance • 401K • Employee Stock Purchase Plan
QualificationsSCHEDULE - The ideal candidate must be able to work one of the following full-time schedules once training is completed. We have a limited number of each schedule with preference given on a first come, first serve basis.
PLEASE NOTE THESE SCHEDULES ARE CENTRAL STANDARD TIME (CST)
All Central Standard Time:
FULL TIME (40 HOUR – 5 x 8 HOURS) SCHEDULES:
- 3:30pm – 12:00am (Wednesday & Thursday off)
- 3:30pm – 12:00am (Tuesday & Wednesday off)
- 3:30pm – 12:00am (Sunday & Monday off)
- 4:00pm – 12:30am (Monday & Tuesday off)
- 5:00pm – 1:30am (Wednesday & Thursday off)
- 5:30pm – 2:00am (Thursday & Saturday off)
- 5:30pm – 2:00am (Sunday & Friday off)
- 5:30pm – 2:00am (Tuesday & Wednesday off)
- 5:30pm – 2:00am (Sunday & Monday off)
FULL TIME (40 HOUR – 4 x 10 HOURS) SCHEDULES:
- 3:30pm – 2:00am (Tuesday, Thursday & Friday off)
- 3:30pm – 2:00am (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday off)
- 3:30pm – 2:00am (Monday, Wednesday & Thursday off)
- 3:30pm – 2:00am (Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday off)
- 3:30pm – 2:00am (Monday, Tuesday & Saturday off)
- 3:30pm – 2:00am (Sunday, Tuesday & Friday off)
Colleague is required to provide the following equipment for Home Office:
1. High Speed Internet Service. High Speed Internet service required. Broadband technologies allowed are DSL, Cable, and Fiber-Optic. All other ISP (Internet Service Provider) technologies are not allowed. Colleague will be required to provide Hyatt with adequate certification of service from provider.
If your ISP provided equipment or your internal network contains a firewall, you must “unblock” or enable “pass through” settings for all communication ports. Non-work related activities performed by you or others in your household such as gaming (i.e. XBox, Playstation, etc.) or media streaming (i.e. Netflix, Hulu, etc.) during working hours will impact your Hyatt supplied equipment’s performance.
2. USB wired Keyboard(PS/2 interface and/or wireless are not supported)
3. USB wired Mouse(PS/2 interface and /or wireless are not supported)
4. Surge Protector
5. Patch cables(TWO required) – [Ethernet Cable = cat5, RJ45]
6. Cable/DSL modem7. Router. Router with Ethernet ports for wired connection to thin client and IP Phone. Router can be integrated into the modem device provided by your ISP.
7. Multi Factor Authentication Capability. The ability to receive a phone call or utilize a smartphone/tablet mobile application for Multi Factor Authentication (security system used when accessing Hyatt systems) when logging in to Hyatt provided thin client equipment. It is required each and every time you are authenticating (logging in) to Hyatt provided thin client equipment to start your work day. Examples (You only need one of these)
- Local telecommunication provider land line or residential Voice over IP phone service with dedicated phone number.
- Dedicated Android or Apple iOS smartphone/tablet capable of receiving a phone call or the utilization of the Microsoft Authenticator application obtained from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.