SUMMARY:/ /The Event Houseperson is responsible for the physical set-up and turnovers of all Event events.S/he will follow specific Event Orders to ensure accuracy for the set-up. The Houseperson will maintain the cleanliness and eye appeal of the Event space. The Event Houseman will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond Standards.The Event Housepersonshall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
There is a $500 sign on bonus for this position! Half will be paid on the first check and half will be paid at 90 days.
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
* Maintains a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction
* Provides general resort information for guests
* Resolves guest issues promptly and with great care and effectiveness
* Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Wild Dunes Resort including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
* Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
* Prepares all Event space prior to events
* Tears down all Event space after events
* Follows Event Orders with strong attention to detail
* Maintains a strong knowledge of various types of set-up
* Assists the Event servers/captains with clearing of tables as needed
* Assists the A/V team with setting up equipment
* Assists with all set-up functions to include setting silverware, draping tables, folding napkins and arranging centerpieces/decor
* Removes centerpieces/decor after events and stores appropriately
* Removes soil linens and stores appropriately
* Assists with transporting food/beverages to event location
* Attends appropriate resort, division and department meetings
* Maintains the cleanliness of Event storage rooms
* Assembles dance floors
* Arranges buffets, stages and podiums
* Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
* Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
* Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
* Communicates all pertinent information to the Events team
* Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
* Ensures proper handling, cleaning and sanitation of equipment, china, glass and silver.
* Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
* Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.).
* Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule, maintains accurate time records and follows proper standards for issuance of rooms
* Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards
* Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all time
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
* High school education required
* At least one year of customer service experience preferred
* Prior hospitality experience preferred
* Must be authorized to work in the United States
* Must have valid driver's license and meet company driving standards
* Must be able to read, write and speak English
* Must be able to work well under pressure
* Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
* Must be highly detailed orientated
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
* Must have excellent listening skills
* Must possesses excellent communication skills
* Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
* Must always ensure a teamwork environment
* Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
* Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Colleagues
* Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
* Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
Colleagues who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
* Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, sun, heat);
* Must be able to work indoors or outside;
* Must be able to stand on feet and walk throughout the day,
* Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs;
* Must be able to bend, squat, push, pull frequently;
* Must be able to climb stairs and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis;
* Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently, squeezing, overhead reaching occasionally
Primary Location: US-SC-Isle of Palms
Organization: Wild Dunes Resort
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: On-call/Casual
Req ID: ISL000222
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.