General Maintenance Engineer - Entry Level - Signing/Retention Bonus $2000
- Expired: February 02, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are pleased that you are exploring Hyatt Hotels Corporation. We believe our customers select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who work hard to provide efficient service and meaningful experiences. We care about our associates and our customers. This is the Hyatt Touch. Our commitment to Diversity is best evidenced by our focus on company-wide diversity initiatives. We continue to be recognized as one of America's best companies for minorities in rankings based on information about recruiting and employment practices. Associates of Hyatt are given the tools from the first day to make a difference. Hyatt offers comprehensive and competitive benefits for all associates. Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards - whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. Come meet the people with the Hyatt touch.
Located on the shores of Lake Washington, Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle’s Southport, a recent AAA Four Diamond and Best of Housekeeping award winner, perfectly combines the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest with modern amenities. Enjoy close proximity access to Sea-Tac International Airport, downtown Seattle and Bellevue, Mount Rainier National Park, Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park, and more. Explore the beauty of the Pacific Northwest, then return to your comfortable room in Renton.
A General Maintenance will be responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest rooms, meeting space, and front of the house areas. Guest room and public area entry-level preventative maintenance are included. A General Maintenance Engineer will also perform some repairs on mechanical, electrical, kitchen, and laundry equipment, requiring some skills and experience in these areas, as well as good communication skills.
The starting salary for this position is $21.50. The entire range for the position is $21.50 to 27.95. Decisions regarding individual salaries will be based on a number of factors, including experience, qualifications and education.
- Maintain the physical functionality and safety of the facility including, but not limited to, guest rooms, public space and back of house areas.
- Respond to guest calls and colleague work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment.
- Perform a variety of repair and maintenance tasks including carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry.
- Wall covering installation and repair.
- Conduct inspections for preventative maintenance needs.
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
- Assist with the patrolling of the interior and perimeter of the hotel and the property to observe and identify potential safety risks, security risks and undesirable conditions.
- Respond to emergency situations including safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property.
- Promote safe work practices.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency preferred.
- Higher level of training preferred.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards are able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
- A minimum of one year building maintenance experience is required, with hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to be under and follow directions, and perform job functions with limited supervision.
- Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other colleagues.
- Availability to work varying shifts to include overnight, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health safety. Proper clothing and safety equipment (gloves, safety shoes, back belt etc.) must be worn. Colleagues will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel requires the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damages or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your supervisor/manager.
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Crouching, stopping, twisting, reaching, extension, fingering/feeling, lifting.
Benefits & Perks:
As a colleague, we have you covered with awesome benefits and perks! Some of those include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance after 30 days
- Free Uniforms and Cleaning of your Uniform
- Paid Vacation, sick leave and up to 2 floating holidays
- Paid Family Bonding Time
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Parking
- Referral Bonuses
- Discounted room nights and Friends and Family discounts at any participating Hyatt location starting on your first day of employment
- Up to 12 complimentary rooms at any participating Hyatt location after 90 days
- Free colleague meals during shift
- Unlimited growth potential with Hyatt. Ability to relocate for advancement opportunities in the future
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle's Southport
Get fresh Engineering Maintenance jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.