Banquet Server - Tip Pool $$
- Over a month ago
- $14 Hourly
The Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center is a 4-Star Full Service 451-room Hotel with 30,000 square feet of conference space, we are always looking for talented individuals with a hospitality attitude who truly want to make a difference every day! If you are looking to make a difference, we want to talk to you!
We are conveniently located within the Hampden South neighborhood @ I-25 and I-225 in the Denver Tech Center. Light Rail Belleview station is within walking distance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONSThis description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Gather supplies and set up the banquet room as described in the Banquet Event Order and as instructed by Banquet Captain to include linen, service ware, and glassware.
- Attend stand-up meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
- Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Once the banquet is complete, clear and, if necessary, reset banquet rooms according to the supervisor's specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
- Line out supplies as directed for future functions as needed.
- Perform all assigned side work including replenishing condiments and restocking banquet shelves with supplies.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products, as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage, or loss to supervisor.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member handbook).
- Perform any related duties as requested by the supervisor/manager.
- Assists other Banquet Personnel when need.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of all State, Federal, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Hold a current Food Handler Card
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations, and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Lifting Thirty (30) pounds maximum.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, and smiling.
- Paid Sick Time up to 48 hours annually
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Birthday Pay
- Life Insurance
- Room discounts
- Free Hot Meals per shift/Unlimited coffee, tea & soft drinks
- Restaurant/Coffee Shop Discount
- Free Covered Parking
- RTD Subsidized Transportation
- Flexible Schedules
- Fast Paced work environment
- Travel Perks & Benefits
- Recognition & Rewards
- Growth Opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hyatt Regency DTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is the intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. EOE/M/F/D/V
Hourly rate starting at $14.27 + Tip Pool
Hyatt Regency DTC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?