Hyatt Coco Beach Río Grande, PR
- Expired: July 17, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you want to work for an industrial leader that promotes values such as:
Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity & Fun?
Position: Teppan Cook
Report To: Restaurant Chef
FLSA: No Exempt
Responsible for all culinary aspects in the kitchen and staff including inventories, set-up, preparation, food quality, breakdown, and sanitation. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Provide leadership to area of responsibility
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from supervisor
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus food service for production area
- Consistently checks food handling and storage procedures .
- Completes daily walk-thru upon arrival to outlet to ensure equipment is in good repair and outstanding safety and sanitation issues have been resolved.
- Conducts daily walk-thru prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, rotation, and proper labeling of all food items, proper storage of all food items, proper removal/disposal of leftover item to crew mess & buffets.
- Inventory and ordering , inform Chef about quantity by order.
- Reconciliation of items upon receipt.
- Advises on a variety of issues including but not limited to food quality, inventory levels, equipment operations, sanitary conditions.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Ability to captivate guests by cooking “on stage”
- Ability to verbally explain processes of history, preparation, and cooking techniques to guests while cooking
- Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Excellent verbal and written communication (English/Spanish) skills required.
- Must possess knowledge of State Health Department regulations.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Because you matter!
Hyatt Coco Beach
AddressRío Grande, PR
FoodView all jobs at Hyatt Coco Beach