Job Title: HBC Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: General Merchandise Revision Date: 05/2015
As an HBC Clerk, this position will be responsible for rotating, facing, and replenishing merchandise. You will review department status for cleanliness, product quality and quantity. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, HBC Manager, Assistant Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
escorting them to the products they're looking for
securing products that are out of reach
loading or unloading heavy items
making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
5. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
6. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
7. Rotates, faces, and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met.
8. Reviews department status for cleanliness, product quality and quantity
9. Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
10. Assists with inventory as requested.
11. Maintains displays in the department and throughout the store.
12. Orders product when asked by supervisor.
13. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
14. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
15. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Builds displays as needed.
2. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
3. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
Less than high school and over six months up to one year of similar or related experience.
+ Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
+ Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of 20 inches or less, depth perception, and color vision.
+ Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
+ Must have the ability to follow written, verbal, or diagrammatic instructions; several concrete variables.
+ Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
+ Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information request supplies orally or in writing.
This position is continually exposed to dust and noise. This is a fast paced work environment with significant pressure.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Ladder, Telexon ordering unit, C.A.R.S. ordering system, Computer, Register system, Box cutter, Scissors, Hammer, Screw driver, and Produce cart.
Has daily contact with store personnel, customers, and the general public.