Job Title: Assistant Coffee Shop Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Coffee Shop Revision Date: 05/2015
As an Assistant Coffee Shop Manager, this position will be responsible for assisting Department Manager to present the freshest most innovative and best quality products at a competitive retail price to customers. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers
Direct Reports: Coffee Shop Baristas
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
escorting them to the products they're looking for
securing products that are out of reach
loading or unloading heavy items
making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
5. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking product orders.
6. Takes customer orders at the counter.
7. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
8. Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
9. Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
10. Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and develops or follows a production list.
11. Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
12. Prepares and replenishes product as necessary.
13. Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
14. Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes change, etc., where applicable
15. Removes trash in a timely manner.
16. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
17. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
18. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Washes dishes as necessary.
2. Orders product and supplies as necessary.
3. Prices products for customers as necessary.
4. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
5. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others. Maintains standards, coordinates activities, and allocates personnel.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience with Sanitation (Food Safety) courses encouraged and one year of similar or related experience.
+ Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
+ Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches and more than 20 feet with or without correction, color vision, depth perception, and field of vision.
+ Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
+ Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
+ Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
+ Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
This position is frequently exposed to a cool environment, dampness, noise from equipment, and vibrations from some equipment. There are possible equipment movement hazards from slicers and choppers. There is daily exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Cash register, Slicer, Telexon ordering machine, C.A.R.S. system, Fryers (breakfast grill), Ovens, Steamer, Computers (Microsoft, N.T.), Fax machine, Telephone, Copier, Calculator, Utensils, delivery van Hobart machine, stoves, grills, toasters, chicken roaster, can opener, griddle, chargrill, refrigerated food case, hot case, cold case, thermometers, knives, dishwasher, ice machine, coffee maker, scales, and pop machine.
Has daily contact with customers, suppliers/vendors, and the general public. Occasional contact with federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Has access to confidential information including gross percentage/sales, and employee wages.