Outside Sales Representative -Window Specialist - 14715
- Expired: July 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for growing sales in specific geographic territory selling window line products to specialty dealers, building supply centers, lumber yards, as well as, national pro dealers chains. Captures new customer sales, promotes products with builders and architects to achieve pull through business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Identifies targets and compiles lists of potential customers for use as sales leads for new business.
- Displays or demonstrates product line.
- Coordinates and performs customer training.
- Works with dealer reps to assist with product take offs according to architect plans.
- Visits job sites to work with customers on pull through sales opportunities.
- Prepares and generates reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Interacts closely with inside sales representatives, buyers and product managers.
- Ensures that new customer data and other sales data for current customers is entered into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with manufacturer reps and customer purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Attends trade shows.
- Prepares an annual sales budget with guidance from sales management.
- Performs market research on new product opportunities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE ' Bachelor's degree preferred or degree from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have industry experience. Previous experience with wood window products required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS 'Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS 'Ability to apply concepts such as discounts, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. The ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
OTHER SKILLS/CERTIFICATION ' Microsoft Suite'Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint (Intermediate and Advanced). A valid Drivers License in State of residence required.
REASONING ABILITY ' Ability to define problems; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ' The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; operate a motor vehicle, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT ' The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quite.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Job Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Huttig Building Products, Inc.
AddressRancho Cucamonga, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Huttig Building Products, Inc.