Are you looking for a satisfying career in which you can take pride in knowing that the quality of your work provides the building blocks for the success of the company?
Huttig is national distributor of building materials with a 133 year-old proud history of building America! We are looking for a competent professional to join our team as Outside Sales Representative. We offer competitive salary with annual pay reviews, affordable high-quality healthcare, company paid Holidays and vacation, 401(k) retirement savings plan and career advancement opportunities.
What are you waiting for? Join the Huttig Team and be a part of building the American Dream.
Responsible for growing sales in specific geographic territory selling building materials, millwork, fasteners and other building products to building supply centers, lumber yards, as well as, national pro dealers chains. Captures new customer sales, promotes products with builders and architects to achieve pull through business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Displays or demonstrates product line.
- Travels with dealer reps to jobsites to do product take offs on site, or according to architect plans.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer.
- Prepares and generates reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works closely with inside sales representatives, buyers and product managers.
- Coordinates and performs customer training.
- Ensures that new customer data and other sales data for current customers is entered into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Attends trade shows.
- Prepares an annual sales budget with guidance from sales management.
- Visits job sites to work with customers on pull through sales opportunities.
- Performs market research on new product opportunities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have industry experience. Familiarity of the AZ and Las Vegas market(s) and outside sales experience a plus.
- Microsoft Suite' Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint (Intermediate and Advanced).
- Ability to navigate the company ERP and CRM platforms.
- A valid Drivers License in State of residence required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as discounts, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. The ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ' The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; operate a motor vehicle, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT ' The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quite. Proper safety equipment such as protective eyewear, earplugs, steel toe shoes may be required.
Huttig maintains an alcohol and drug free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual candidates, veterans and women are encouraged to apply!